SWR Meter

Old 06-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
SWR Meter

Does anyone have a recommendation for an SWR meter to tune a CB? There's quite a handful on Amazon, but I'd like to get a good one the first time. Most of the ones on Amazon have 4.5-5 stars, with the 'onsie' bad experience or so.

I'm eyeballing the Workman that comes with the jumper.

Recommendations appreciated!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Dozy meters are certainly the most popular. Workman meters are just fine as well. I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of money since you're only going to use a meter occasionally (not a good idea to leave it in-line permanently). Actually, since SWR meters have been around a long time and nearly all work just fine at this point, probably my best recommendation would be to just go with whatever fits your fancy (the display, knobs, size, and similar you like). If you get one with a power meter, remember that's only a rough measurement that will vary from meter to meter, even within meters made by the very same company.