LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brakes Squeaking in the Morning

Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Brakes Squeaking in the Morning

Does any one else's trucks brakes sometimes squeak in the morning?

Mine do it sporadically only when backing out of my drive way first thing in the morning. It doesn't happen only when it's wet/cold/warm/whatever it just seems to randomly do it some mornings. On the days it does squeak once I get up my road about 50 feet to a stop sign it never squeaks.

Not a big deal I'm sure new pads would stop it I was just curious if other people had the same thing going on.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
trooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Spencer
trooper12's Tacoma Gallery
Overnight your rotors will rust a little bit (due to the moisture in the air). The squeaking is caused by the pads rubbing against the rough rotor, and the rust is rubbed off almost immediately when you start driving. It is perfectly normal, and new pads wont help.