Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hi Lift Jack mounting

Old 06-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
802Tacoma is on a distinguished road
802Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Lift Jack mounting

Hi there- Just got my hands on a 48" Hi-Lift jack. I am wondering how/what some of you did to mount them in the truck. I would like to mount it to the track rail in the forward part of the bed. Thanks

Cheers
Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 802Tacoma View Post
Hi there- Just got my hands on a 48" Hi-Lift jack. I am wondering how/what some of you did to mount them in the truck. I would like to mount it to the track rail in the forward part of the bed. Thanks

Cheers
Where did you get yours and how much? I am about to order one. Also, I think there are a lot of threads on where people mounted theirs and how.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
I have a relentless fab highcap lift mount. Check in the vender section for him there should be pics. They mount and slide in the rail system.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubi1414 View Post
Where did you get yours and how much? I am about to order one. Also, I think there are a lot of threads on where people mounted theirs and how.
I found it on craigslist for $60. The cheapest I found them for was in the $80 range shipping not included. This one is 48". I don't do much wheeling. I just bought a pop up and I wanted something like this for road side emergencies so I didn't have to fumble around with the bottle jack in the truck when it is all packed up. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers
Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
I have a relentless fab highcap lift mount. Check in the vender section for him there should be pics. They mount and slide in the rail system.

I will take a look there. Thanks

Cheers
Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post

ATO Hi Lift mount.
Looks bad ass!! How much for the mount and are you short or long bed? What inch is that Hilift?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubi1414 View Post
Looks bad ass!! How much for the mount and are you short or long bed? What inch is that Hilift?
Thanks. The mounts where $76.00 with free shipping from ATO. The jack is a 60" and the truck is a DC short bed. The jack just fits,I had to remove the top piece of the jack for it to fit and I threw that behind the back seat just in case I ever need it. Since then I also flip the jack with the foot is near the tailgate so it mounts flush with the top bed rail.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
tacomitch
rmbyrum is on a distinguished road
Name: Mitch
rmbyrum's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone had issues with their Hi-Lift rusting from being mounted in the bed? Just wondering how necessary (or unnecessary) it might be to get the neoprene cover...
Old 07-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
scotch is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
scotch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbyrum View Post
Anyone had issues with their Hi-Lift rusting from being mounted in the bed? Just wondering how necessary (or unnecessary) it might be to get the neoprene cover...
Mine has light rusting and its inside a softopper... Humidity in the air is enough to cause rust...
Old 07-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
The jack is going to rust wherever you put it. The neoprene boot is good for protecting the lubricated/moving parts of the jack. I put lithium grease on the moving parts and then put the neoprene cover on it.

Mine is mounted to my roof rack.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #14
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Hi lift and rust are synonyms. I've got mine mounted on the rails using a set of ATO mounts. The neoprene cover will fade and get holes too from exposure. Still works just isn't pretty
Old 07-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted mine with some homemade brackets. Took no skill to make after reading this thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ol-mounts.html

Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless fab makes some nice ones. Plus the logo is awesome
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...-products.html
Old 07-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #17
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
I also used the bed rails but only used lag bolts, washers, wingnuts and a master lock. $20 bucks in parts and half hour to mount.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:48 AM   #19
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Does this work with a tonneau cover? ATO anyone else?
Im not sure, mine sticks out of the bed a little the way i have it mounted, maybe shoot relentless or ATO a PM, im sure they have been asked that before. Heres mine, it could probably just be flipped around.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #20
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post

ATO Hi Lift mount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Im not sure, mine sticks out of the bed a little the way i have it mounted, maybe shoot relentless or ATO a PM, im sure they have been asked that before
I have since flipped mine over so the foot is at the tail gate and it sit flush under the bed rail. I will post a new pic a little later.