Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Major mods this summer; advice?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #21
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So you're going to be running the 5100's with the eibach coils instead of the stock coils?
Correct
Old 06-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #22
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If i get the full three inch lift will I have to get new upper control arms?
Yes. Ask yourself this, do you want or need the 3"? I didn't need 3" so I went with 5100's and Eibach coils. Like Pugga mentioned, the Eibachs on 5100 will preload the coil, but to a lesser extent because you can only put the 5100's on the .85" setting. The higher you adjust the 5100, the more preload you get from either the stock or Eibach coil. If your looking to get something for mainly looks, but want to it to be safe and reliable off road, go with the 5100/Eibach kit linked above. Tons of people have that set up and it gets the job done. Not to mention, you can fit 285/75/16 tires with minimal trimming.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #24
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandBlack View Post
I actually think I'm going to go with the full coilover kit, If i get the full three inch lift will I have to get new upper control arms?
I'm installing my OME kit tomorrow. I erred on the side of caution and also splurged for some Light Racing UCAs just to be safe. I'm only going w/ 1/4" top plate spacers so I should stay under 3" but anything over 2.5" from what I've read and you may have issues with alignment afterwards. Figured I'd do it right if I was going to do it. Full OME kit with all the little extras ended up costing me right around $2,000 shipped.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #25
RedandBlack is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
RedandBlack's Tacoma Gallery
So if I get the OME could I just put in the top plate spacer later when I have the money for new upper control arms?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #26
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
So if I get the OME could I just put in the top plate spacer later when I have the money for new upper control arms?
Yep. If you plan on getting the 1/2" spacer though, make sure you get longer studs from the start or you'll have to take the whole spring assembly apart when do it.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #27
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. That's why I went the 884x route. If I want another 1/2" to 1" of lift I'll just add the top plates. For now, though, 2" is perfect. Adds enough clearance for offroad and looks great.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
what about icon stage 1 ?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #29
RedandBlack is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
RedandBlack's Tacoma Gallery
So after looking at everything, I found out I have a 2" lift on the front on already. I've decided I'm going 6" suspension lift and get the new control arms. Best options?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #30
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So after looking at everything, I found out I have a 2" lift on the front on already. I've decided I'm going 6" suspension lift and get the new control arms. Best options?
What kind of lift is on the truck now? If you want to go that tall, check out lift spindles. They'll get you 4" of lift and, if you have a decent lift now, you can keep it in and get up to 6" and not have to cut your cross member out. For the rear, I'd get a replacement leaf pack instead of the massive lift block that typically comes with a 6" lift.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #31
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Old 06-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #32
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
take pics of your current suspension ..
what kind of lift was installed?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #33

Air Force:
Quote:
Sounds like you really don't know what you want. Make sure you do a lot more research/reading before you start throwing money away.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
Horsebit

Quote:
Here are the photos of front lift, and the rear is just two AAL

It's a spacer lift. My real advice to you is read, read, read, and then do a little bit of reading. RESEARCH the options available, narrow it down to a couple, and THEN ask for input.

Products Discussed in this Thread