LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I just deleted my dtrls finaly.....

Old 06-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #1
tacotruck 2.7 is on a distinguished road

tacotruck 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
I just deleted my dtrls finaly.....

To all forum members who were kind enough to post pictures of deleting the dtrls I say thank you ; I could not be more happy to do away with that god forsaken perfectly good light assembly burning piece of shit. Who would have guessed just disconecting a circuit would have saved me so much grief. Good to know my new headlight assembly wont burn to hell.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
DTRL's disconnected but turn signals still function? Couldn't find the thread that detailed how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. THX
Old 06-22-2013, 03:38 AM   #3
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
What are the DTRL's?
Old 06-22-2013, 03:50 AM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f5sp View Post
What are the DTRL's?
daytime running lights
Old 06-22-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
pepper07 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
pepper07's Tacoma Gallery
I want to delete mine. Tell us how to do it.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Or you could have done this and kept them

I was running Silverstars in mine prior to doing the BHLM with no issues

Old 06-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone want to donate their DTRL relay and circuit to me? I'll pay shipping
Old 06-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
x2?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #9
a glorious beacon of light
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
I intercepted the signal and ran it to a switch, so now my DTRL are on a on/off toggle while still function normally

I used http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...alth-mode.html

but only tapped into the green/red wire. Ran that to a relay and then to a switch.

Just another option

Happy you won't be burning your headlights anymore
Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I intercepted the signal and ran it to a switch, so now my DTRL are on a on/off toggle while still function normally

I used http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...alth-mode.html

but only tapped into the green/red wire. Ran that to a relay and then to a switch.

Just another option

Happy you won't be burning your headlights anymore
This is what I did. you can just snip that wire, but I like to run my dtrls and fogs on 2 lane roads and
low light conditions.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I hate safety

I cut off my seat belts
Old 06-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I hate safety

I cut off my seat belts
Ha ha ha lmao
Old 06-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #13
reppinthe509 is on a distinguished road

reppinthe509's Tacoma Gallery
Do a lot of people have issues with them burning/melting? Or is it more of the factory dtrls?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #14
a glorious beacon of light
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I hate safety

I cut off my seat belts
sig worthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppinthe509 View Post
Do a lot of people have issues with them burning/melting? Or is it more of the factory dtrls?
mostly 2005-2009ish had problems of the DTRL bulb melting the blinker housing, and Toyota would only replace the headlights within the warranty
Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
I could be completely wrong (and someone please correct me) but IIRC the 2 wire DTRL don't burn and the 3 wire do... I might have that reversed or I might be talking out of my ass. Seems like I remember reading about that somewhere on here but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Mine is the 2 wire BTW which didn't burn.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #16
tacotruck 2.7 is on a distinguished road

tacotruck 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Or you could have done this and kept them

I was running Silverstars in mine prior to doing the BHLM with no issues

Details on the process please.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #17

Firefighter:
Instructions here

I didn't follow them exactly as I just used the factory sealant and GE silicone sealant when putting them back together. No leaks and they turned out great

Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #18
Seer will become famous soon enoughSeer will become famous soon enough
Name: Tom
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
Can't you just turn it off with the light switch?
Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Turduckin
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
I know you can turn them off on the '13 models but I'm guessing they are on all the time on the models a few years prior to that..
Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Can't you just turn it off with the light switch?
Only on the '13's