Notices

Need Help with low speed Vibration/rumble

Old 06-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Jack of all trades, Master of non!
Kylec82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Kylec82's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help with low speed Vibration/rumble

I have a 08 double cab TRD sport 4X4 no lift with approx 82k. I am getting a low speed vibration especially while cornering, by low speed I me less than 5mph my best guess is around 3mph. I can make it do it by doing tight turns in a parking lot, it is enough of a vibration that you can feel it in the seat and if there is any thing in the bed it'll rumble. I am also getting a vibration at 15mph which I know that there is a TSB out for. I'm not as concerned about that as it is not very noticable unless your looking for it. I have been doing my research and have tried most everything, to no avail. Here is what I have done.
-Changed gear lube, running Mobil 1 75W90 and Limited slip additive.
-Rebuilt drive shaft (3 u-joints & carrier bearing).
- Drove with rear shaft removed no vibration!
Any Ideas or help would be very much appreciated.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Cmyifyc87 is on a distinguished road
Army: Blue cord mafia
Cmyifyc87's Tacoma Gallery
maybe..

maybe it could be the hub bearings?? or the tie rod ends i know i had some what of the same problem, it was a loose tie rod end the led to the bearing going bad. after a days work i had the bearing replaced an luckily the tie rod threads didnt strip out i just tightend it up. good luck with the problem though hope you get it figured out.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever have any luck with this?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
Jack of all trades, Master of non!
Kylec82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Kylec82's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't noticed it since the weather has turned cold, but that could have to do with the roads being slick.