Nice article about Tacomas, possible new packages, etc

Old 06-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
12 TRD OffRoad is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
12 TRD OffRoad's Tacoma Gallery
Nice article about Tacomas, possible new packages, etc

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/06...es-needed.html
Old 06-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
If only Toyota would have made more x-runners and Baja packages then I would have boughten one
Old 06-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This dudes response made me laugh...he's kinda right though

"Yawn....
Old truck, old engine, old interior.
The 4.0L has the performance of a V6 with the mileage of a V8....big deal.

Posted by: nlp | Jun 22, 2013 3:39:12 PM"
Old 06-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

"Yawn....

Most of the guys that comment on there are butthurt GM pricks who think their oil burning 5.3 is the standard engines should be built to. I've had enough Z71's to last me a lifetime. I'll gladly take my old engine, old interior, and 21 mpg.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 TRD OffRoad View Post
The good news is getting rid of the x-runner, the bad news is spending all this time/development on the Tundra, instead of equipping the Tacoma with a solid front axle, and doing more refinement on the 4 cylinder engine.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Twatwaffles will become famous soon enough

Twatwaffles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 TRD OffRoad View Post
Most of the guys that comment on there are butthurt GM pricks who think their oil burning 5.3 is the standard engines should be built to. I've had enough Z71's to last me a lifetime. I'll gladly take my old engine, old interior, and 21 mpg.

...even though he's right? The 4.0 in the Tacoma is pretty outdated in the current market, and does return some pretty shitty fuel economy.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Guys...Tacoma is still the leading midsize on the market...you really think Toyota is gonna spend money to compete against nothing? Maybe when the big three finally get some midsizes that are worth a damn on the market...but I'm not gonna hold my breathe
Old 06-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twatwaffles View Post
...even though he's right? The 4.0 in the Tacoma is pretty outdated in the current market, and does return some pretty shitty fuel economy.
Amen brother
Old 06-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Shall we start a diesel petition?

Old 06-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
Seer will become famous soon enoughSeer will become famous soon enough
Name: Tom
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Shall we start a diesel petition?
Yes! What a great idea! We should all sign it. It's great to be on the foreskin of a brand new idea!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twatwaffles View Post
You're judging an engine designed in 2003 by today's fuel economy numbers. It gets 20 mpg without direct injection, without car-like gearing, without a fancy 6, 7, 8 speed transmission, without a fancy turbo, without being built as light and flimsy as possible. I'm just saying you can't judge 2003 technology by what's out there today. You can't argue the 4.0's reliability either. It hasn't reached 22re or 3.4 status yet but ill bet it'll be one of toyota a best engines ever when it's all said and done.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
I'd still like a fancy turbo.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to have all of the above on it...but I don't...so I'll be happy with what I've got for now an hope for something cooler someday.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #16
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, just the fancy turbo.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
slowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired
Name: Mike
slowmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

"Yawn....

I think that's an improvement of sorts. Back when I had a 1990 3.0l V6 4x4, we used to joke that it had the performance of a 4-cylinder and the mileage of a V8. It also had the head gaskets of a Subaru, but that wasn't a joke just yet.

Mike