Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blower motor squeek / chirp on low *FIX*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
I forgot to update. The next morning when I go into my truck, I actually cant hear the motor at all, unless the radio is off, from the driver seat. And that's with the glovebox out of the way. I haven't installed the glovebox yet, bc I was going to go back and grease the other bearing.

I hear a slight flutter when I have the radio off. But if I have the radio on, even with volume level at 8. Can't hear it.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #22
PA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nice

Army:
PA452's Tacoma Gallery
Might have to give this a shot. Has anyone else tried this with success?
Old 01-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #23
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
I might try this if adjusting the screws doesn't work. The squeak has been driving me crazy.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #25
14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all
14U2NV's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up damaging the motor trying to pull cage off. I had to break down and buy a replacement motor at NAPA.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #26
turboser is on a distinguished road
turboser's Tacoma Gallery
there is actually a tsb on this... i had mine replaced under extended toyota warranty...
Old 01-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #27
HoofHearted
HARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: McLovin
HARDSHELLTACO's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ssembly-2.html

Above is a link i posted about my attempt at fixing this issue. As an update mine is squeaking again. I posted this link as a what not to try. I am going to attempt this fix now because i cant take this noise anymore.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #28
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
thank you ballon78!

i just did this this morning and it worked perfectly!!! no more crickets!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #29
Proud to be Canadian Navy
crittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nice

Name: Stu
crittergitter's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, my crickets are gone too!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I guess I can't pretend not to hear my wife because of those crazy crickets!!! Took 13 minutes, start to finish.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #30
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergitter View Post
Hey, my crickets are gone too!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I guess I can't pretend not to hear my wife because of those crazy crickets!!! Took 13 minutes, start to finish.
took me a lil longer. my fan fins were on really tight. i ended up cracking the thing
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #31
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
Welp, my crickets came back after 1 month.

So I just removed the blower again. This time, I was able to remove the fin assembly. My truck was trying to pry it slightly with 2 big screw drivers. Then insert a thick strap between the fins and out the other side so I have something to pull up on. Then I placed the outer black plastic on my feet and pull up on my strap. It eventually popped off...

This time, I greased the top bearing also. I was able to clean up my fin housing.

Hopefully this time, it lasts longer than a month.

PS, I was thinking, you know those 2 pieces that are held in place by the 2 springs. Well the foot or whatever you want to call it make contact with the coil assembly.

I wonder if that contact makes noise too....
Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #32
kylek250 is on a distinguished road
kylek250's Tacoma Gallery
ya i pulled mine apart. cleaned everything. it cured the evil chirp, but left me with a little tick. i even tried the screw adjustment with no luck. Any thoughts?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #33
06TXED has a spectacular aura about06TXED has a spectacular aura about

Name: Tony
06TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Worked good for me I took every thing apart and cleaned as per the write up. I used white lithium grease on both the top and bottom bearings and reassembled every thing. Now I can't here the motor at all, well not unless my ear is on the motor. Good job on this wirte up and every one that helped. Its amazing that us average joes can fix a problem that Toyota can not figure out. Hopefully this fix lasts a long time if not I will try to use a thicker grease on the next go around.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
2nd update. After tearing it down completely and greasing that top bearing also, it's been over 1 month and still silent.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #35
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Going to attempt this fix. Is the blower that black unit on the left with the 3 5.5mm screws? It has one power connection going to it.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #36
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone tell me how to get to the blower motor? I just bought an 07 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road and it has the annoying chirping on the fan low through med high settings. I was excited to see there is a fix, but I have no idea how to get to the blower motor to fix it.
The chirping is driving me nut and I have only had the truck in my posession for less than six hours and 125 miles. please help!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:19 AM   #37
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLor View Post
Can anyone tell me how to get to the blower motor? I just bought an 07 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road and it has the annoying chirping on the fan low through med high settings. I was excited to see there is a fix, but I have no idea how to get to the blower motor to fix it.
The chirping is driving me nut and I have only had the truck in my posession for less than six hours and 125 miles. please help!
The pics in this thread might help http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1287613
It's located under the dash on the passenger side. Three 10mm (?) bolts hold it in. Check out the pictures in the above thread and you should see the same shape under your dash.

You also should check your cabin air filter (located behind the glove box) to see if it needs to be changed. Some of the 05 trucks came with the slot for the cabin filter, but without a cabin filter installed. If the previous owner or dealership didn't put a new one in there, it could probably use it. Who knows, maybe they just took the dirty one out and didn't replace it. Anyways, the blower motor typically chirps in the cold weather so maybe you have some debris in there.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #38
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboser View Post
there is actually a tsb on this... i had mine replaced under extended toyota warranty...
Does the TSB have a new part or do they put the same defective part back in?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #39
Krusey1011 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Ordnance
Name: Kyle
Krusey1011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATacoRider View Post
Welp, my crickets came back after 1 month.

So I just removed the blower again. This time, I was able to remove the fin assembly. My truck was trying to pry it slightly with 2 big screw drivers. Then insert a thick strap between the fins and out the other side so I have something to pull up on. Then I placed the outer black plastic on my feet and pull up on my strap. It eventually popped off...
This info helped alot when I got to this part. I just put two pieces of tie down string under each side of the fins and put the black plastic at my feet and started wiggling. Thanks alot this would have frustrated me if not for your input.

I tried balancing the fan the other day with success but it only lasted a day and the tick was back. I'm trying this fix now even though I have more of a tick than a chirp.

Thanks for sharing your inputs and thanks to the OP for the post.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #40
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Just did this. Couldn't believe how much crap was inside the motor. Runs a lot cleaner now!

Products Discussed in this Thread