Notices

Blower motor squeek / chirp on low *FIX*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #41
Krusey1011 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Ordnance
Name: Kyle
Krusey1011's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished. Their was alot of crap in there you're right. It sounds alright. Not the smoothness I was looking for but I'm just going to accept the fact that it's a cheap noisy fan. It smells like grease in my truck now too lol but I'm sure it will wear off.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #42
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
I happened to have turbine oil closer at hand then grease, so no smell for me
Old 09-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #43
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
7 months later, the chirp is back. Well, not back completely, but it does it once in a while.

But I'm sure it's just a matter of time until it's back in full force.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #44
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You could just replace the bearings.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #46
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightcancled View Post
You could just replace the bearings.
you can buy the bearings? Part #?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #48
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
i had this problem they replaced the motor under warranty
Old 10-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #49
MJG is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
MJG's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 had this problem. Thanks to this post I was aware of the tsb. Had it fixed under warranty. Quiet now. Hope it was a permanent fix..
Old 12-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #51
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATacoRider View Post
you can buy the bearings? Part #?
Pretty sure they are standard hardware.

Mine started chirping WORSE in the past week. I'll be looking into better solutions soon.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #52
tacoma1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
tacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
Mine gets replaced thursday at dealer.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #54
teej is on a distinguished road
teej's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the write up but i don't think i should spend any of my own time trying to fix something that toyota couldn't design right and that they should fix under their dime. i'll take my chances with toyota trying to fix it first
Old 12-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #55
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
what is the easiest way to get the plug out because mine wont come off?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #57
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Finally did this today, quiet as hell now. Thanks. Also for the clicking on the electrical contacts I put some dielectric grease on it... hopefully it'll last awhile but we'll see.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #58
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLor View Post
There should be a tab you push in and then it will pull right off.
ya i pushed it it and i still isnt coming out i tried wiggling it back and forth and i even tried gently removing it with a pair of plyers. ill try on more time maybe i didnt push in enough. i did push down on it more than it. so who knws.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #59
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
ya i pushed it it and i still isnt coming out i tried wiggling it back and forth and i even tried gently removing it with a pair of plyers. ill try on more time maybe i didnt push in enough. i did push down on it more than it. so who knws.
Mine gave me some trouble too. I unbolted the entire assembly from the mount so I could get to it easier on the floor. I had to use some pliers to convince it to come off, just keep at it, just don't break anything.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #60
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I had to take the motor housing off and use some pliers to break the plastic that holds the tab in there. It was a bitch. My plug is all dinged up using pliers. Be very careful, if the pliers slip off the plug, it will crimp on the wires. If the wires break, you won't have to worry about a fan noise anymore

Products Discussed in this Thread