1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you keep in your storage compartments

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 97lt1ta, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Jun 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    ChiefManyWrenches

ChiefManyWrenches Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver DCSB TRD Off Road 4WD
    I am the same way, I don't really trust people that much. Maybe if everything inside fills up I may consider it but not for now.

2. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    Okeetee

Okeetee I like the Anaheim Ducks

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    OME 887 coil springs, Bilstein 5100s (front/rear), Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's HD 1.5" AAL, 18x9 Pro Comp series 7032, Toyo Open Country A/T II (LT285/65R18)
    Behind the back seats: First aid kit, tool kit, trailer ball mount, ice scraper (from when I lived in Denver).

In the bed: Ratchet straps, bungee cords, zip ties.

3. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Behind the seats I have jumper cables and the headrests off the passenger seat (until I have passengers). In the bed just rope and ratchet straps and a couple pair of gloves.

4. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    WHPLSH3

WHPLSH3 Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...

Member:
    First Name:
    Vance
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Spruce Mica 6spd 4x4
    Build thread coming soon!
    Tuffy makes all kinds of stuff- they started out making lock boxes for the Jeep crowd so they could keep their stuff safe when they have no roof on.
    The Tacoma lock boxes are made specifically to replace the ones our trucks come with- they bolt right in using the original hardware. The only assembly they need is to have weatherstripping installed on the inside of the lid (included) so they are sealed from the elements.
    Something that I did with mine so they would last the life of the truck was wrap the bottom side with sound deadening pads (a tar/asphalt mix attatched to tin tape) from all angles so years of abrasion from salt, sand, gravel, etc. wouldn't eat them. This did require cutting the opening in the bed a little bigger- maybe 1/8" all the way around. I can post pics of the finished product if you want, but I neglected to take any when I was doing it :facepalm:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  5. Jun 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    brian0128

brian0128 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Orchard Beach, MD
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OR DCSB
    Factory tow package, 15% Llumar tint
    In the bed storage boxes I carry gloves, 30ft recovery strap, glow sticks, 100ft of 550 cord, tow hitch shackle, 2 ratchet straps, 2 bungee cords, flashlight, cable for my Master Lock Tracklock and a pairof rubber boots.

In the glove compartment I keep a Leatherman Wave tool, waterproof matches, portable Garmin GPS, a Surefire flashlight and 2 spare flashlight batteries.

In the center console Ihave a lighter, pen, pencil, notepad, bottle of Exedrin and Ibuprofen along with my cell phone charger, camera and a Benchmade pocket knife.

Below and behind the rear seats I’ve got the following: Emergency kit with first aid kit, wet wipes, window scraper, flares, bug spray, sunblock, jumper cables, emergency blanket, a set of frog togs, a 2lb Kidde fire extinguisher, 2 liters of water, 4 power bars, folding shovel, hatchet, portable CB, tire repair kit, headlamp, portable 12V compressor, gas tank sealant putty,2 40 gal trash bags, and a backpack with a change of clothes. Most of the small stuff fits in a backpack and the other stuff is distributed throughout.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top