1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BF Goodrich AT's to current users

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JasonJump, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Aug 22, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    I ran BFG for 10 years on last Tacoma. Now running DuraTracs for last year. Coming back from last cross country trip. Haven't noticed any difference in noise between tires. Much better off road and on wet pavement. Don't think DTs will last as long and not as smooth a ride. Plan on getting DTs next time as well.

2. Aug 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    85GT 79FJ40

85GT 79FJ40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD Sport DCSB 6M - 2017 Honda Africa Twin
    I have had several sets of BFG AT's over the years. I had one set of 33's from the pre-ko days that lasted 80k miles before I replaced them. They were pretty well worn at that point but actually still passed state inspection. Had the General Grabber AT2 not come out a few years back I probably would have run them again when I was putting tires on my first 05 about 5 years ago. For the money those are tough to beat. IMO better in the snow and they look and wear about the same. But both are fairly heavy tires. On the truck I put the Generals on I noticed about a 2MPG loss over the previous tires which were Michelin at's in the same 265/70/16 size. I've got a brand new set of craptastic dunlop at-20's on my current truck I can't wait to take off but this time I'll probably go with dynapro's. Hopefully before winter. I recall taking these same tires off my first 05 when the truck had like 3500 miles on it they sucked so bad in the snow.

Products Discussed in

To Top