1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weather tech window deflectors. how well do they work??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by octane202, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jun 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    octane202

octane202 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler AZ, "Desert Rat"
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport
    not yet... soon
    One of the only things I hate about my Tacoma is when you roll down the driver window and drive at speed the wind blows directly into my ear and eyes. I have been looking at the wind deflectors but want to reach out hear for opinions of actual function. How well do they work? how far can you roll down the window and not have the 60 MPH wind blowing directly into your ears, eyes etc.?

2. Jun 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    I have the weathertechs on my DC and really like them.

At fwy speeds it is no problem to have the windows down a few inches.

Before I had them if I put down the rear windows on the fwy I would get a weird bassy noise. Now with the weather techs that has go away.

For the most part I like them. The only thing I don't like is if you are in a dry dusty area you will get a crunch/scrap noise when you roll the windows up or down. But once you wash it goes away.

I think they look a lot better than the type that sticks on the outside to the paint. Those things just look way too huge.

3. Jun 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    Chris24

Chris24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Black DCSB TRD Sport, V6, 6sp
    i have them and like them on my DC...still kinda loud when going highway speed with the windows cracked...

i have only had the rear set for a year and one of them came loose when i was going 50 mph and almost went out the window...can't figure out where to buy the tape that comes with them :-/

4. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    I ride with my windows open a few inches and not much wind in the truck. But wind noise is increased with them on vs off. Not too much though. One of my first additions to the truck.

5. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    Its 3M double sided adhesive tape and you can get it at most auto parts stores. Had to redo one of mine.

6. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    Chris24

Chris24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Black DCSB TRD Sport, V6, 6sp
    went to advance and autozone...neither had the thin double sided tape...it was all about 1/8" thick

7. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I did not know weathertech made a product designed to deflect windows.

What kind of driving are you doing?

8. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Solution: Wear sunglasses and earplugs while driving

9. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    2011Streaker

2011Streaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport
    Haha, i hate this too. So annoying. Opening the rear sliding window makes it completely go away though. Not sure the weathertechs will do much for this.

10. Jun 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    I use to have weathertech but with my new tacoma I decided to buy EGR instead due to the fact the part doesn't stick out but instead is more streamline to the body lines :thumbsup:

11. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    tJc

tJc Well-Known Member

Member:
    North East
    Just be careful if you have Jumping Spiders in your area. They like to crawl between the shield and the window to keep warm/dry. Then, when you crack the window, they welcome themselves to your cab. Otherwise the Weather Tech's work well, fit a bit tight, but function great.

Products Discussed in

To Top