Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Debadging new tacoma

Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Debadging new tacoma

Hey, just got a new 09 Prerunner and after I peeled the dealers badge off there's a rub mark where the badge was. I tried goo-gone thinking it was maybe some leftover adhesive but it's still there. Short of buffing it out any easy ideas to fix it other than putting the badge back on?

Kind of hard to see in the picture but it does stand out from afar.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
how did you remove the badge?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
It was just some double-sided foam tape that I cut through with some fishing line. Then I got whatever was left when I was washing the truck. I got the paint protector coat as a deal when I bought it so maybe it didn't penetrate behind the badge?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
west467 is on a distinguished road

west467's Tacoma Gallery
I could not see the pictures. My bet is you did not get all of the adhesive off. Let the goo-gone soak into the adhesive, hold it on the area for a minute or so. I used my fingernail to remove the soft adhesive.

Be sure to clean it real good, and apply some wax.

Good luck
Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
goo gone is the shiat!!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen this:
http://www.great-lakes.org/graphics-...%20remover.jpg

Duck Adhesive Remover with the plastic scratcher work pretty well on removing the adhesive left by the badges. My bro did it on his Tundra and it didn't scratch the paint when he used the scratcher to help him scrub the leftover adhesive. They sell at Walmart in the auto section.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
just rub it will goo gone it will come off. It takes a lot of rubbing. It will take the top layer of wax off also so once you get the adheasive off wash it really good and than use cleaners wax and it gets the last little bits of crap off. than put a nice thick layer of wax down and you will be good to go.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
I like that adhesive remover, may recommend it to my friend whos got ghost badges from taking his off.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:56 AM   #9

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I probably wasn't putting enough elbow grease into it. I didn't think about it removing any wax so hopefully I can fix it up this afternoon, wax it, and report back.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #10

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got around to cleaning it up; I had a busy weekend... I got all the leftover adhesive off, washed it, finished up with that toyota shield protector stuff and now it looks great. That stuff is amazing, there were some minor scratches in the area and it took them right out. I tried taking a picture of the area, but my tailgate it like a mirror now.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #11
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEtaco View Post
Finally got around to cleaning it up; I had a busy weekend... I got all the leftover adhesive off, washed it, finished up with that toyota shield protector stuff and now it looks great. That stuff is amazing, there were some minor scratches in the area and it took them right out. I tried taking a picture of the area, but my tailgate it like a mirror now.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #12

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can't even tell there was a problem.