Notices

2013 Cold Air Intakes

Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
taco2010trd is on a distinguished road
taco2010trd's Tacoma Gallery
Don't waste your money.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #23
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNStealth13Taco View Post
Utard or anyone else that would know,

Do you know of any threads explaining why a supercharger should need a CAI? I have a 13 dcsb TRD sport MT on order and I'm having the dealer add the S/C right away. It seems to be the consensus that the OEM CAI is best.
NEED, no

If they NEEDED an aftermarket intake, it would come with the kit. They do include the TRD air filter tho.

The AFE wont draw any cooler air than stock.... That said, at 45mph roughly, the stock setup draws in ambient air temps. U cant get cooler than ambient without an ice box setup right?

Does it sound better with the AFE, yes.
But thats purely subjective and my opinion alone.

Does it pull any different, I dont remember.

Does it provide a much smoother line for air and get rid of the baffles, yes.

Does it make the whine a little louder, yes.

Any check engine lights from it, no.

Id check with the performance gurus who have been on the rollers here http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=49189 and see if they have any slips with any runs that have only tested an intake swap.

With the thousands they have into their setups, I doubt they would just throw crap on there because it was what the cool kids do.

If I had a dyno nearby Id do a run with the stock intake and the AFE just to stop the rumors 1 way or the other with objective data.

But Im looking at a 4hr drive 1 way to hop on rollers unless I want to jump on a rustang dyno and waste my money.

I almost went to the AFE shindig they had recently, but Im still waiting on my wideband which will be here tomorrow.

If we got a group buy in for my fuel costs I would do this purely for the data
Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
MagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement:
Name: Tony
MagnumTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Do the CAI. I took a half second off of my 0-60. Yes, I have the TRD supercharger. I went with the AFE CAI. I also gained MPG.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #26
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
or even these guys......... they are N/A but maybe they can tell ya about intake numbers with data

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...os-w-mods.html
Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #27

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Brock you the man
thanks......... I was trying to stay out of this as much as possible tho.

The offer will remain on the table for gas $$ fundraising
Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #28

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumTaco View Post
Do the CAI. I took a half second off of my 0-60. Yes, I have the TRD supercharger. I went with the AFE CAI. I also gained MPG.
lmfao............. u got an accurate 0-60?

Was this on a track?

all I do is spin to 40 even rolling on till 20

I want accurate numbers myself but its damn near impossible without street tires. I dont wanna roll into it, but I dont wanna buy ANOTHER set of tires.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #29
MagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement:
Name: Tony
MagnumTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Justus, I run all my 0-60 times with the scan gauge. The accuracy comes from being consistent. Is it as accurate as going to a track, no. But the time splits are accurate. I even log the time of day, temperature, and barometric pressure. I even log how I felt and how I think the truck is running. Yes I am weird. I have developed really weird habits. My hobby and training makes me log stuff like that.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #30

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumTaco View Post
Justus, I run all my 0-60 times with the scan gauge. The accuracy comes from being consistent. Is it as accurate as going to a track, no. But the time splits are accurate. I even log the time of day, temperature, and barometric pressure. I even log how I felt and how I think the truck is running. Yes I am weird. I have developed really weird habits. My hobby and training makes me log stuff like that.
thats just "Attention To Detail" and needed and respected in ur line of work...Nothin weird about it, it just happens to become the way you think I suppose.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #32
Thomas Jefferson is on a distinguished road
Name: Derrick
Thomas Jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of a CAI that is CARB approved that fits the 2013. I live in a state that is heavily regulated and people think its ok to piss on the constitution, which I helped write.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #33

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Anyone know of a CAI that is CARB approved that fits the 2013. I live in a state that is heavily regulated and people think its ok to piss on the constitution, which I helped write.
Keep ur stocker in the garage.... U won't have smogging for what 4yrs or 6?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #34
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Trd intake is carb legal
Old 07-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #35
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Trd intake is carb legal
and Airaid if I remember right
Old 07-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AFE is. They are made in CA as well.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #37
xazxinfamous will become famous soon enough
xazxinfamous's Tacoma Gallery
I put the air raid intake on my 2012 taco. Didnt do anything at all to help the MPG but def opened the truck up to more noise (deeper sounding throttle) so if thats what your aiming for pick one up lol otherwise there useless.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #38

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
AFE is. They are made in CA as well.
They dont say that on the afe website... But their faq section states that any intake carb legal are clearlg marked on the items page.
The afe also appears to remove the se tion where the charcoal filter is housex on the 05-11, is the charcoal filter deal not there on the 2012 and up?
If so thats great.

Afe also states that 06 and up are usually still pending carb status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xazxinfamous View Post
I put the air raid intake on my 2012 taco. Didnt do anything at all to help the MPG but def opened the truck up to more noise (deeper sounding throttle) so if thats what your aiming for pick one up lol otherwise there useless.
Maybe for that intake but not all.
Even then, without dyno proof before and after, thats an inaccurate statement.
Slips are harder to come by here than a left handed flux capacitor.