Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Quick Toytec Coilover with Bilsteins

Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
S-M-R-T will become famous soon enoughS-M-R-T will become famous soon enough
S-M-R-T's Tacoma Gallery
Unless the UCA is hitting the coil preventing full droop your travel should be limited by the bumpstops and/or the shock droop.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #23
Wandering aimlessly
mtntaco3531 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, MotorT, 2 Iraq Tours
mtntaco3531's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen where people are running the OME's with the toytec spacers on top to give a full 3" lift. That way you can still run your 33's, maybe with a little trimming but still opens up your options
Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #24
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtntaco3531 View Post
I've seen where people are running the OME's with the toytec spacers on top to give a full 3" lift. That way you can still run your 33's, maybe with a little trimming but still opens up your options
True. I'm from the "spacers suck" demographic, but a .5" spacer might not be a bad idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:07 AM   #25
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
x2? I don't think you'll get a "better" ride out of the OME setup... It's just the OME springs ride better with the OME shocks.

Chris, correct me here, but I do believe you get a little more suspension travel with new UCAs. I don't know how much, but I do believe it's more.
You are correct, you will get a little more travel with the new UCAs because the upper ball joints will be able to articulate better. Opposed to a stock setup where the ball joint can prematurely limit the suspension from full flex.