Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2 Toys

Old 09-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
TJOPILOT will become famous soon enough
TJOPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
2 Toys (Pics)

Can you guys tell that I like Navy Blue? Now I need to put a damn 6inch lift to give the Jeep a chance! (the Jeep is awesome on the beach!) Anyone ever go to Cape Helopen State Park in Delaware?

Old 09-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
07TRDsport is on a distinguished road

07TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Some sexy toys you got there TJ... Makes me wanna go pick up a Wrangler in a year or two .
Old 09-08-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Sunshine State Division
SR5TaComa24 is on a distinguished road

SR5TaComa24's Tacoma Gallery
you lucky some beach. im jealous...lol
Old 09-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Thanks guys! Finally got my toys where I want them. All I need is a boat to tow with the Tacoma and 2 jet skis to tow with the jeep. Everyone has dreams!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i normally dont like jeeps but yours looks really damn good, i like it alot. how does the taco compare in off-road performance?

you dont need a boat, you already have a badass boat with teeth and everything. I'm still waiting for you to pick me up... i've got 2 coolers packed to the brim with the silver bullet just waiting to get chugged
Old 09-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
Hey nd, I'm catching a ship tonight. I'll be down there by happy hour tomorrow! Be ready!

The Jeep does the beach and the Tacoma just sits pretty. I'm waiting to go on a 4 wheelin trip with a local group to Wharton State Park to test out the Tacoma. Sliders coming first!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #8
NolaPKP is on a distinguished road

NolaPKP's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to NolaPKP
Thas a hell of a Jeep man. I'm Jealous that you get to have two gret vehicles. Here is what had to get rid of inorder to get my tacoma. I miss it. It treated me pretty well offroad and i ran it into the dirt quite literally. But then i think about all the money i spent in the last 2 years keepin it runni that i dont miss it and now i have a bad ass truck that will last forever.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #9
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I imagine the jeep will out perform the taco off-road due to its size and centered weight, but the truck is a much more practical vehicle. Yesterday i saw a jeep i actually really liked in my work parking lot. It almost looked like a small Hummer. The body was wider and not as tall as the normal wrangler. It was a really good lookin truck. anyone know what i'm talking about?

TJO, i'll be waiting by the dock... I dont know which dock though. Just cruise around Charleston and look for the guy passed out next to a cooler, surrounded by beer cans and peeing his pants..... that'll be me
Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #10
isusww is on a distinguished road
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I imagine the jeep will out perform the taco off-road due to its size and centered weight, but the truck is a much more practical vehicle. Yesterday i saw a jeep i actually really liked in my work parking lot. It almost looked like a small Hummer. The body was wider and not as tall as the normal wrangler. It was a really good lookin truck. anyone know what i'm talking about?
It might have been the new 4 door Rubicon. Lifted with tires and this thing looks great!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #11
NolaPKP is on a distinguished road

NolaPKP's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to NolaPKP
I'm not a fan of the new wrangler model at all! four door or two door. that is why i got a tacoma and didnt even consider trading my jeep in for the new model. Think the front end redesign is toyish and the whole thing looks so breakable.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:47 AM   #12
mexistaco is on a distinguished road

mexistaco's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep

You need to turn your TJ into this...

My old 03

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...13896_5227.jpg

4" Skyjacker Rock Ready Double Flex Kit with 2" body lift and 35x12.50 super swampler tsl thornbirds
Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #13
You're killing me mexis!!! Thats exactly what I am going to do this winter. Did you like that lift? Good looking toy of yours. Now post up your Tacoma! Its gotta look cool if your Jeep looked like that.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #14

lift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJOPILOT View Post
You're killing me mexis!!! Thats exactly what I am going to do this winter. Did you like that lift? Good looking toy of yours. Now post up your Tacoma! Its gotta look cool if your Jeep looked like that.
I loved it! I had to get rid of her tho... she was turning into a really big headache.. I went through a 2.4l engine and the 2nd one was also having problems..tranny... went through a front axle... The dealership that I bought her from new sold me lemon.. and by the time we had realized it was a lemon it was too late to file suit under the lemon law.. so I traded her in for the taco.. The taco is getting lifted next week once I get my TSB for the leaf pack completed. The taco will have a 6" pro comp basic lift kit. black 20's and 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers..

here's a pic of my new weels and tires next to the taco..

Old 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #15
Mexis, I almost choked when I saw the black wheels on your Tacoma. I thought they were installed that way. Damn they are some big suckers. Love those wheels. Wish I went with the 6" lift. DEFINITELY post pics when you get all that done.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:57 AM   #16

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Mexis: i dont understand why you dont just go ahead and put those wheels and tires on without the lift. Looks like they are a perfect fit

Nice jeep btw. Still not a big fan of jeeps but i like what you did with yours
Old 09-19-2007, 07:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Mexis: i dont understand why you dont just go ahead and put those wheels and tires on without the lift. Looks like they are a perfect fit

Nice jeep btw. Still not a big fan of jeeps but i like what you did with yours
haha yeah i should just mount them badboys on huh?! Thanks I spent a lot of time and money on that damned jeep ohwell now ive got a reliable truck to do the same thing with!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #18

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you shouldn't have teh problems with the truck that you had with the jeep, as long as you do all your mods right and not all half assed like many people do. We definately want to see pics after you get the lift and wheels and tires on. (although i'd be more interested in seeing pics of just the tires and wheels without the lift)
Old 09-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #19
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
or instead of lifting the jeep you could so what i did to my tacoma SAS swap and 44" gumbo mudders...and then bend the frame...no wait dont go that far...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 PM   #20

i posted pics of the new lift and tires installed look em up!