Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2014 Tacoma

Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #61
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Mine didn't dick me around at all. I actually bullshitted them pretty hard on offers from other dealer that I had a morning appt with the following morning for the truck and my trade in value. So before I got there they knew I was going to order a truck in the morning somewhere else. They wanted my business and they got it. I was there a few hours while they tried locating an existing truck that wasn't reserved. So they told me to take a spin in the V6 DCSB PreRunner while I waited. You know, in case I wanted a much easier to find V6. I told them I'd be fine with a V6 if they price matched.

But yeah, I had a quote for 24,100 on a 2013 DCSB PreRunner with convenience package. I told the dealer I ended up buying from that price was committed on same truck but with the SR5 package ($1500). Bullshitted a committed price on my trade in that was never discussed with other dealer but was what I wanted them to pay for. They agreed to it and that was signed as well when I ordered and when 4-6 weeks go by while I'm still driving it, they will pay the same amount even with 2k extra miles on it.

I signed for a 2013 Super White 2.7 auto DCSB PreRunner with SR5 and alloy wheels ($2000) for $24,442.
That's a good price - one of my dealers' best price on a 2013 AC White base 2.7 PreRunner was $23,900, only discounted $600.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #62
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvswaim View Post
That's a good price - one of my dealers' best price on a 2013 AC White base 2.7 PreRunner was $23,900, only discounted $600.
Try using TrueCar and going with one of their suggested dealers. You build your truck there and then it tells you what you should be able to pay in your area for that exact truck. It will show a few dealers in your area and when you lock your price (this will make sense if you go there to the website) it shows you those dealers and their prices and contact info.

Also try NADA Guides (Google).

If you have AAA or Costco or XXXXXX see if you have anywhere that offers car buying service. They will have pre negotiated pricing.

Closest dealer to me is 5 minutes away and they were not budging on price. They wanted 28k and said invoice cost was 27,650. I told them MSRP on Toyota for same truck is 25k, invoice is 23k.

They said I was lying and Toyota and the internet are wrong.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #63
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FWIW I believe you should be closer to 22k for that truck.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #64
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I believe in the Gulf States area they push you to take one out of inventory because they want you to get the Gulf States add ons. My sales director knew long before I bought that I was not paying for the crap and understood my position. When I bought my 2009 I told them to find one with minimum add ons.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #65
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
I believe in the Gulf States area they push you to take one out of inventory because they want you to get the Gulf States add ons. My sales director knew long before I bought that I was not paying for the crap and understood my position. When I bought my 2009 I told them to find one with minimum add ons.
My dealer actually had a truck with my specs (different color, but one I would have been fine with) but it had floor mats. It had floor mats from manufacturing, not a dealer add on (or so it was explained to me) so they were not removable. I didn't want to pay $195 for carpet floor mats when I plan to buy WeatherTech liners, especially when I'd be financing that $195 for the life of the loan.

So I said somewhat apologetically that if it comes down to paying for floor mats I won't use or ordering a truck without them, I'd rather order a truck without them.

No problem for them, obviously. But I did kind of feel like a pain in the ass over something like floor mats. But damn, $195? I've spent too many hours vacuuming carpet floor mats to want to spend that much money on a set I will hate to clean.

So, screw carpet floor mats. Though I'm sure they're nice.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #66
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuilder67 View Post
Oh Brother. Here we go again. Will this ever go away?? Listen up and listen hard......I work at the Texas plant and build Tacomas.There is No, I repeat No info on the 2014 Tacoma. If there are any changes they are not coming in the 2014 version. The 2014 will start being produced in August and those of us who build them have not had any training on a new version. Any major changes take at a minimum 6 months of planning, training and equipment changes. Sorry to disappoint, but It's not gonna happen anytime soon. I guess just like in the 'real' world, looks like 'Tacoma' world has idiots and morons too. Unbelievable!!
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

HERE…..
the tab on the left Shows the upcoming vehicles…. NO TACO

Im digging the tail gate on the new tundra!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #67
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
FWIW I believe you should be closer to 22k for that truck.
I wasn't trying to buy it, just happened to see it on their inventory list, and asked them what their bottom price was.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #69
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I believe you are right on about Gulf States trying to force an inventory truck on customers with all the expensive add-ons. Did your dealer refuse to order to your specs? That would explain the lack of response from the 2 dealers here in Okla, while the Kansas dealer is working with me. In the GS area, you can't build a truck on line, instead they funnel you to dealer inventory.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #70
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

HERE…..
the tab on the left Shows the upcoming vehicles…. NO TACO

Im digging the tail gate on the new tundra!
Oh yeah! Hadn't seen that - thanks.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #71
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
They have released the new Tacoma interior dash materials and what new gages look like. You can find them on the net. That is all Toyota has released though so far. One rumor that I'm hoping comes true is a larger fuel tank. That would be nice.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #72
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkottK62 View Post
They have released the new Tacoma interior dash materials and what new gages look like. You can find them on the net. That is all Toyota has released though so far. One rumor that I'm hoping comes true is a larger fuel tank. That would be nice.
Couldn't find anything about dash or gauges. A larger tank would mean same old crappy fuel mileage so no engine changes - good news for me if my 2013 order bounces and I have to order a 2014.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #73
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I believe you are right on about Gulf States trying to force an inventory truck on customers with all the expensive add-ons. Did your dealer refuse to order to your specs? That would explain the lack of response from the 2 dealers here in Okla, while the Kansas dealer is working with me. In the GS area, you can't build a truck on line, instead they funnel you to dealer inventory.
I was trying to get the Baja without graphics. Both dealers I was working with said they would order one if I wanted to. I talked to a dealer in KC and they said they would order one too. I found 3 Baja's up there and none had graphics but none had tow.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #74
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was trying to get the Baja without graphics. Both dealers I was working with said they would order one if I wanted to. I talked to a dealer in KC and they said they would order one too. I found 3 Baja's up there and none had graphics but none had tow.
I just saw a sweet black TX Baja that didn't have all graphics. Just had a small light grey TX Baja decal like the TRD OR. Looks awesome.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #75
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can see by your avatar that Gulf States orders all it's Bajas with graphics, just like they order all 4WDs with one of the TRD pkgs or at the very least, SR5. I'm getting a base level, even if I have to go get it in KC.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #76
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Couldn't find anything about dash or gauges. A larger tank would mean same old crappy fuel mileage so no engine changes - good news for me if my 2013 order bounces and I have to order a 2014.
Crappy gas mileage or not I'd still like a bigger fuel tank. I may have to come up with a mod if they don't have it on my 2014. Since the factory is down for retooling I suspect they will release more info once that is done and production starts again. A month I was told by my dealer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3vcUbb05k

btw, Florida dealers here in the Tampa/Clearweater area seem to be flush with Pre Runners. I heard they sell more of them than other models.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #77
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
That's not a new interior. It looks like the limited trim model which is the same as 2013
Old 07-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #78
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkottK62 View Post
Crappy gas mileage or not I'd still like a bigger fuel tank. I may have to come up with a mod if they don't have it on my 2014. Since the factory is down for retooling I suspect they will release more info once that is done and production starts again. A month I was told by my dealer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3vcUbb05k

btw, Florida dealers here in the Tampa/Clearweater area seem to be flush with Pre Runners. I heard they sell more of them than other models.
My head just exploded - you have ordered a 2014??? The factory is now shut down??? That would mean a 2013 can't be ordered! And after all this, I thought we had it figured out.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #79
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My head just exploded - you have ordered a 2014??? The factory is now shut down??? That would mean a 2013 can't be ordered! And after all this, I thought we had it figured out.
I would take the word of the guy that actually works at the factory over something a random person posts on a forum.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #80
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
I would take the word of the guy that actually works at the factory over something a random person posts on a forum.
Normally yes, but a dealer told him, but I guess maybe that's suspicious.