Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

FINALLY getting my rear TSB done!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up FINALLY getting my rear TSB done!!!

Taco is getting his rear spring tsb done on monday. The dealership thought my truck was a stock double cable b/c it was debadged, and tried to inform me it was only necessary for the 4x4/Prerunners. After "convincing" them that I know my own truck, they ordered the parts and we're going to get it done!

Anyone else in Tallahassee, FL. Legacy Toyota does the rear spring TSB with no fuss.

Now I just need to secure a loaner vehicle from them so I can still work!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Taco™

You'd think. Or the hood scoop and body colored mirrors, fenders, and door handle might have been a clue...
Old 02-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
My cousin had his done there. I was over the mileage to have mine done. I tried to argue with them but it did no good. If you have a good service adviser there then everything works out fine. If you get one of the ones that doesn't know anything then they can be a pain.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Great, your going to love the new ride!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Hahaha! Wow, such a great dealer...and they say they know the vehicle that's in the shop...pshhhhhhhhh...
Old 02-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
Taco™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Forester View Post
My cousin had his done there. I was over the mileage to have mine done. I tried to argue with them but it did no good. If you have a good service adviser there then everything works out fine. If you get one of the ones that doesn't know anything then they can be a pain.
If you bought the truck there, I would give them hell. That sucks that they wouldn't do it because of mileage. I'm all for getting all I can from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Great, your going to love the new ride!
I heard it's more of a "truck" ride after wards. Is it stiffer or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
Hahaha! Wow, such a great dealer...and they say they know the vehicle that's in the shop...pshhhhhhhhh...
Oh it was pathetic. Needless to say, I found another service adviser. Which was good for their sake, because his "review" would not have been great.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
the ride seems to be the same. maybe a tad bit stiffer, but thats just what you would expect from adding a leaf. the tech guy told me when i picked it up that it would ride a little stiffer. Still nice. No complaints
Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the truck there and I did fuss and raise hell with them.

Which service adviser are you using?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
Taco™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Forester View Post
I bought the truck there and I did fuss and raise hell with them.

Which service adviser are you using?
Brad helped me out. Got me squared with a rental, etc. The Truck was in @ 7:30, and done @ 1. Pretty quick. I don't really notice anything different besides the shiny leafs. It does feel tall, but that could be the effects of driving a camry for the past few hours.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
OIF Vet
Liquidity is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Engineer
Liquidity's Tacoma Gallery
Got a call from my dealer and my parts are in. I have an appointment for tomorrow morning to drop the truck off.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #12
Taco™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Got a call from my dealer and my parts are in. I have an appointment for tomorrow morning to drop the truck off.
Good. I notice the rear is a bit higher and i can go over speed mountains faster. It definitely feels more solid.