Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installed D-Rings in the Bed (Pics)

Old 02-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #21
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job, I really need to do this mod. Where did you get your d-rings? Straight from your local Toyota? How much a piece?
Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #22
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
nice work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Nice work Dave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Nice job, I really need to do this mod. Where did you get your d-rings? Straight from your local Toyota? How much a piece?
I got them from TRDParts4U. Here is a link:
http://trdparts4u.com/PD-PT785-35054.aspx?MakeID=1

If you check a few posts back someone posted a link to place where you can get after market generic d-rings for much less. I prefer the Toyota rings because they come with everything you need to mount the rings basically anywhere in the bed. Even if they are a little more expensive they are worth IMHO. It is nice to have options.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #23
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
IMO this is one of the best mods you can do to your truck if you frequently haul stuff in the bed. I had to use a huge cheater bar to get one of my torx bolts out. Oddly, the other one came out fairly easy. Great write-up...
Old 02-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #24
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
I got them from TRDParts4U. Here is a link:
http://trdparts4u.com/PD-PT785-35054.aspx?MakeID=1

If you check a few posts back someone posted a link to place where you can get after market generic d-rings for much less. I prefer the Toyota rings because they come with everything you need to mount the rings basically anywhere in the bed. Even if they are a little more expensive they are worth IMHO. It is nice to have options.
Thanks for the direct link. $19/pair isnt bad and I'd want the Toyota ones too.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #28
Dennis1947 is on a distinguished road
Navy: 30 yr Surface Line Officer
Dennis1947's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Bed D-Rings

I ordered and received a pair of the D-RiIngs. Your expanation and pics are very useful. Was it necessary to increase the hole size in the D-Ring in order for the bed liner bolt to fit?

Thanks,
Dennis
pinkardd@charter.net
Tacoma 07, Dual Cab, Prerunner, 2WD
Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #29
Thanks. Do you know what hole size?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #30
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
thread lock need on bed bolts?

when you reinstall the bed bolts...do you have to put a dab of thread lock on the bolts???
Old 04-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #31
canuguy is on a distinguished road
canuguy's Tacoma Gallery
Thx!

Just ordered these D rings based on your description/pictures. Believe it or not, local Canadian dealer has an asking price of $90 for 2 D rings!!!! Can you imagine??? Same ones that the Texas TRDParts4u.com site are asing $20 US for. Even after exchange and shipping I'll be getting for less than 50%. Dealers here are crooks! Truly appreciate the usefulness of this forum.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #32
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
when you reinstall the bed bolts...do you have to put a dab of thread lock on the bolts???
No. I didn't and mine haven't budged (I check exterior bolts/screws regularly).
Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #33
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
No. I didn't and mine haven't budged (I check exterior bolts/screws regularly).
thanks, that is good to know. but a couple days ago i went to harbor freight and bought some medium strength threadlock just incase.

also my d-rings came in from that army supply online site. they definitely are only "cheapo" in price...the quality is definitely heavy duty. weekend mod here i come.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #34
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
thanks, that is good to know. but a couple days ago i went to harbor freight and bought some medium strength threadlock just incase.

also my d-rings came in from that army supply online site. they definitely are only "cheapo" in price...the quality is definitely heavy duty. weekend mod here i come.
I just ordered these as well...I got 5 for $10 shipped, can't beat that deal. Good cheap mod.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #35
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Well I finally installed them. Easy mod. Took about 30 minutes, the bed bolts came off pretty easy, one actually came out real easy, glad I had a reason to check it. I didn't have the cahonies to cut a hole in the bed mat yet. I will!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #36
D-Rings and Bed Mat

I drilled holes in my bed mat and put the D-Rings on top of the mat using the bed liner bolts. This saved me from cutting the mat and it added a bit of security against theft of the mat. I used washers to build up below the mat then reinstalled the bed liner hold down bolts.

--dennis
Auburn, AL
Old 06-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #38
Beardown is on a distinguished road
Beardown's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Canada and the dealer quoted me 35.00 (Cdn) per d ring. Is this resaonable or where else can I order them. Thks Gary
Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #39
slick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Security Forces, 2002-2005
slick_711's Tacoma Gallery
Cool mod! I think I'll have to do this. I have an '09 and it has 4 D rings (corners) but the middle would be convenient. I'm going to take a closer look at my bed tomorrow.

Thanks for the great info and writeup.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #40
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_711 View Post
Cool mod! I think I'll have to do this. I have an '09 and it has 4 D rings (corners) but the middle would be convenient. I'm going to take a closer look at my bed tomorrow.

Thanks for the great info and writeup.
You have four D-rings?

There's the two on the bed floor by the tailgate... Then where are the other two?