Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installed D-Rings in the Bed (Pics)

Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Installed D-Rings in the Bed (Pics)

I love cheap and easy mods so here is one that I did today. Special Thanks to Mr.Grimm from TN and all of the others who have done this before me. Toyota should have built the Tacoma with these from the factory but oh well. Enjoy:

Step 1: Assemble materials and tools
-Toyota Part:PT785-35054
-T-55 Socket
-Paint
-Dremel tool
-Speed Square
-Tape measure
-Sharpie
-Razor Knife

Step 2: Locate Bolts (I found a few of them hiding under my bed mat)

Step 3: Remove Bed bolts

Step4: Use Dremel to grind down rings below washer (this must be done to remove washer)

Step 5: Remove washer and prime for paint

Step 6: Paint and Apply Anti-Seize

Step 7: Assemble

Step 8: Re-install

Step 9: Measure for bed mat cut

Step 10: Measure and Mark

Step 11: Cut Bed Mat

Step 12: Done

Enjoy your new mod:

Old 02-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up

Excellent pics too
Old 02-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!!! I love that bed mat!!! Where did you pick that up from?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I like the layout of d-rings will probably do the middle as well, with the d-rings i got, i cut the washer off with a cut off wheel easy and quick. just an idea i didnt have my dremel at the time.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
Got it from my dealer. They hooked me up a while back to make up for one of their screw-ups.
Oh okay got yah! Hmmm? Maybe I will look for it somewhere.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
ya might mention that not all the time can you remove the bolts with a small ratchet ! it took a 4 ft breaker bar on mine ( 2007) and know several others had a stress to get them out ;-D

and that on the cheap free mod this link
http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...r-500-3752.cfm

is a lot cheaper to get the D rings than getting the extra ones from toyota ( 5 for $5)
Yeah, the bolts in my bed came out easy, of course I did eat my Wheaties this morning....I saw the cheapo D-Rings you referenced but I wanted something that would look like it came straight from the factory. I also wanted something well made.

The Toyota rings will allow you to mount the rings in other places because they come with all necessary hardware. To be honest with you I am not trying to re-invent the wheel here, I thought I would post some pics of what I did in the hope that it might help someone else. Thanks for your contribution.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
DesmoBob is on a distinguished road

DesmoBob's Tacoma Gallery
Nice writeup. Good idea about putting rings in the middle section too.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #16

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
they are very well made, a quality ring ! finished in black and side by side i doubt if you could tell the difference between the ones from toyota and these ;-D

maybe if they just jacked up the profit margin to the same price as the toyota ones then the would not be called "chepo"

and no they do not bend i have had over 1k pounds and secured it with these without trouble
Hey thanks a lot for your valuable input and informative post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoBob View Post
Nice writeup. Good idea about putting rings in the middle section too.
Thanks
Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #17
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
nice work!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #18
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice work Dave!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
Rude Boy |><|
Phantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phantom_X-SP's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!