1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to Buy 2013 Baja

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by eazyrider711, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Jul 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    eazyrider711

eazyrider711 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
    I got the Black 2013.

MSRP $39,155.00
    Invoice $36,510
    Sell Price $34,854

The only thing this has other than the Baja upgrades is the Entune/Navigation with subwoofer. I'm not really sure what difference that will make though. I use my phone for nav these days.

End price was $34,354 since the wife qualified for recent college graduate rebate. The dealer has to get plates before we can take it, so hopefully we will take possession in the next couple of days.

Other than dealing with a shady dealer (multiple "mistakes" on the paperwork that attempted to increase price) I'm very excited about getting the truck. Thanks for all the feedback and help guys. Will post pics soon. :)

2. Jul 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    12 TRD OffRoad

12 TRD OffRoad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma SR 4x4 utility package
    I would have walked my happy ass out the door after the first "mistake" much less a couple! They'd be apologizing to me, buying me a soda from the machine, AND taking off some more on the price, free lifetime oil changes and free tires for life, something. Congrats on the new truck though!

3. Jul 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    eazyrider711

eazyrider711 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
    Yeah, the reason I didn't was I'm pretty sure I got the better of the deal. They underpriced the truck to get me in the door and then lowball trade in, get me on financing. I didn't need the trade in or financing help, so I was able to stick them to that price. The white Baja I was looking at was $600 more and didn't have the Nav/Entune package. Overall, a frustrating greasy dealer experience, but one I was willing to tolerate to get the truck I wanted at a good price.

4. Jul 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    andrew8404

andrew8404 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ANDREW
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 (Sold) 19 Ford Ranger Sport XLT 4x4
    Wow, i'm speechless....

5. Jul 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM
    mipawlus

mipawlus #332 Veteran Overland, #159 TTC, #69 in your heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Poopypants
    Aggieland
    Vehicle:
    BROJAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Rust and dents and squeaks
    I picked mine up, out the door, for under 30K with my trade in. I love it. Regardless of what everyone else says "waste of money", "do it yourself", "blah blah blah old skool gen 1"... If you want the performance/upgrades, but lack the ability (like me, my truck stays parked in my mom's garage when I'm overseas, and she is uncomfortable taking my truck for upgrades) or the decisiveness on what you want (outside of a purpose built vehicle like the Raptor), go for it. I've had a few Taco owners flag me down in parking lots to talk about it, it's a sexy truck and the decals are a great conversation starter. I think it's a happy median between stock and too much. For those that argue the "Buy the TRD package and do it yourself", why not just buy completely STOCK and do it yourself? At the end of the day, it's your money and your truck, do what you want to with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top