Notices

Would it be stupid to put a TRD bedside decal on a non-TRD

View Poll Results: TRD decal or no TRD decal
Do it, who cares? 350 55.47%
Hell no, are you stupid? 281 44.53%
Voters: 631. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #21
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
get the sticker imo. it adds +5 hp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
no, it would be stupid to put 4x4 mudflaps on a prerunner.

a trd decal is nothing
ya I couldn't go that far either, so I put TRD stickers on my mudflaps instead..
Old 07-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #22
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, you could put that huge TRD across both sides of your truck as far as I'm concerned. It's your truck. Do what you want to it. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #23
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Permission to do what you want with your truck, not necessary...
Old 07-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #25
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueman View Post
Might as well put a Dodge or Chevy sticker on it. Make it whatever vehicle you want....
Hmmmmm, I like that idea... a few of my coworkers have been bummed about not being able to drive their samurai's on the job. I'll just turn my taco into a suzuki!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #26
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #27
12 TRD OffRoad is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
12 TRD OffRoad's Tacoma Gallery
I put one on my Yeti cooler. it's your world, man!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #28
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nj636
But you are a TRD...
Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #30
BillyP will become famous soon enoughBillyP will become famous soon enough
Coast Guard: CWO4-retired
Name: Billy
BillyP's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do it if you want to... the fine can't be too large if the TRD Police catch you
Old 07-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Mine isn't a TRD Offroad but the decals were there when I got the bedsides and decided to keep them.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #32
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
voted before ready your post (my bad)... I'd say go for it, and add a locker. Doesn't have to be and e-locker, add a lockright er something that gets the job done well and isn't crazy expensive.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #33
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
oxymoron
Only if you dont know what a real pre-runner is.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #34
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Not all TRD's have an E-Locker.... My sport doesn't have one. Besides.... if you're building it to have TRD parts on it... or better than TRD... why not??

I did this with my 98 4Runner SR5. Made it into a TRD Off-Road....

My justification.....

- TRD/Bilstein Struts off a 2000 Tundra 4X4
- Landcruiser coils
- Oversized tires (285/70/16's)
- Satoshi Mod
- Custom Intake Mod (Deck plate mod)
- Sport Edition Skid Plate
- Upgraded HID lighting (Headlights and Fogs)
- 2001 - 2002 Tail lights
- LED Gauges w/ custom TRD screen
- Rear Tire Carrier

Am I ridiculous??? Maybe... but I like to think it's a "Restomod"... similar to what a custom car guy might do. It's my version of a TRD 4Runner (should Toyota have ever done one...)
Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #35
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivey14 View Post
I would never go that far haha, but they do make 4x4 prerunners FWIW.
Negative, they make 2wd trucks that sit higher and look like 4wd called prerunners. No such thing as a 4x4 prerunner. It's one or the other.

I voted no btw, but it's your truck. I have the trd and am removing decals.. lol
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #36
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Negative, they make 2wd trucks that sit higher and look like 4wd called prerunners. No such thing as a 4x4 prerunner. It's one or the other.

I voted no btw, but it's your truck. I have the trd and am removing decals.. lol
Again, not knowing the meaning. You assume Toyota owns the "prerunner" name.

take some time and look up what a prerunner is...
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #37
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivey14 View Post
I would never go that far haha, but they do make 4x4 prerunners FWIW.
Falser words have never been spoken.....
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #38
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Mine isn't a TRD Offroad but the decals were there when I got the bedsides and decided to keep them.

You get a special pass Dean, your truck blows away every TRD 4x4 Tacoma in history easily. You can put wtf you want.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #39

introducing a 4WD prerunner
Attached Thumbnails
Would it be stupid to put a TRD bedside decal on a non-TRD-1002442_10151698345563955_1558797590_n.jpg  
Old 07-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #40
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
No, because TRD is too mainstream. Put the real Toyota racing division logo on it:

Products Discussed in this Thread