1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

factory alarm question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by adriancast, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Jul 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    adriancast

adriancast [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    -2.5 Donahoe Coilovers -All Pro Standard Leaf Pack -All Pro U Bolt Flip Kit -Front/RearWheeler Super Bumps -Extended rear Bilstein 5100s -Flowmaster 40 Series -All Pro IFS Skid -All Pro Transmission Skid -Bruteforce Hybrid Bumper -30" Double Row LED bar -400 Watt Anytime -TRD Seat Covers -ABS Kill Switch -Locking Center Console Mod -Rear Differential Breather -BHLM -Anytime Fog Light Mod -Toyota Hilux Snorkel
    I have a 2005 Tacoma and I pushed the alarm on the key chain just to see if it worked; it didn't. So I rolled my windows down, locked the doors and tried opening it from inside to set off the alarm. That didn't work either. The alarm on the dash is set and blinks. I am wondering what is going on. Any suggestions?

20130709_214159.jpg

2. Jul 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
    NZH

NZH Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Davis, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner sr5 trd
    you have to hold down the alarm button to set it off.

3. Jul 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    adriancast

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    -2.5 Donahoe Coilovers -All Pro Standard Leaf Pack -All Pro U Bolt Flip Kit -Front/RearWheeler Super Bumps -Extended rear Bilstein 5100s -Flowmaster 40 Series -All Pro IFS Skid -All Pro Transmission Skid -Bruteforce Hybrid Bumper -30" Double Row LED bar -400 Watt Anytime -TRD Seat Covers -ABS Kill Switch -Locking Center Console Mod -Rear Differential Breather -BHLM -Anytime Fog Light Mod -Toyota Hilux Snorkel
    Ok will try that in the morning. Don't want to wake the neighbors. :p

4. Jul 10, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    i wouldn't really call our systems alarms, or even theft deterrent like you described with the locking doors through the window and opening them. It's more like keyless entry, with a panic button. The blinking light on the dash is to let you know you have the engine immobilizer that needs a chipped transponder key (if it is below your stereo and on top of your AC controls that is)

5. Jul 10, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    petro55

petro55 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Inverness, IL
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4
    Fox Performance 2.0, Icon Extended length rear, Dakar(3rd leaf removed).
    I am not sure how it works, but the other day i was jacking up my front wheel with the "alarm on" and it starting going off? I also have a 2005 with the red blinky light.

6. Jul 10, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    The Taco's come with keyless entry, the alarm is an add on and didn't come factory on my 2011.

Think I paid $200 for the alarm and it took roughly 6 hours to install.

7. Jul 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    adriancast

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Yup. That worked.

8. Jul 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    adriancast

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I think I have alarm. It went off holding the panic button. Going to try and set it off some other way.

9. Jul 10, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    mattgecko

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:

With the windows down and the alarm set, if you reach in, unlock and open the door the alarm will go off.

10. Jul 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    gobblinfool

gobblinfool Active Member

Member:
    Elmhurst, Pa
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    anyone ever program a remote for their truck? im trying to get that far and cant get into programming mode

11. Jul 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    adriancast

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Didn't work :mad:

12. Jul 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    sounds like you do have an alarm, where is your blinky light?

13. Jul 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    mattgecko

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    X2. These trucks have far to many blinky lights. :eek:

14. Jul 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Vang Toua Moua

Vang Toua Moua Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vang Bang
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver Tacoma 2.7, Access cab, 5 lug
    Custom front bumper and rock sliders, glasspack muffler, shorten exhuast, abs killswitch, roof light bar, rear e locker.
    Is yours factory or aftermarket but dealer installed? My 05 alarm craped out some weeks ago, well not really but takes a lot of pressing to arm, and my door actuators died, pissed me off so after wasting my time at the dealer, I bought my own alarm system, and new actuators and installed it all in myself, pretty simple and much better than paying someone when you could do it yourself. Works like a charm and locks and everything like the day I was new. I could point you in the right direction of your interested.

P.s. mine was aftermarket, and the dealer charged my pops 900 for install when he bought it brand new. Cost me 40 something doing it myself.

15. Jul 10, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    Since mine didnt come with the alarm I have been thinking. Of a remote start system with alarm from viper for 199.99 installed

16. Jul 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    adriancast

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

17. Jul 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    adriancast

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Factory.:confused:

18. Jul 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    adriancast

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I want a viper so i can have a remote start. I always like to warm up my truck for atleast 30 seconds before i drive.

19. Jul 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    Vang Toua Moua

Member:
    First Name:
    Vang Bang
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    Custom front bumper and rock sliders, glasspack muffler, shorten exhuast, abs killswitch, roof light bar, rear e locker.
    Oh ok, still I don't think it be that difficult to install a new one. Mine was a audiovox installed by Selma Toyota. I bought a new one from Amazon, a crime stopper. All I did was cut the old one off, left some weird not totally cut off because they were splice with factory wiring. I just butt connect them to the new one. Especially one relay that connects to the engine cut off thingy. But yeah it was simple because I found on the net a guy who has all the info for each wire name. I looked for them, hooked them up, works like a charm.

Lol but you'll lose the factory beep. Or you could search more on how to keep it cause I was to lazy to figure out why I didn't have it, just has my horn and siren that came with alarm. Took me 6 hours plus but I know you could do it sooner. I took way to many breaks and to long ones, plus the weather was 108, so yeah.

20. Jul 11, 2013 at 12:39 AM
    Vang Toua Moua

Member:
    First Name:
    Vang Bang
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    Crime stopper are actually affordable, I remember it's not nearly that much something round 60 or so. But if you want all that fancy stuff ignore me, I just didn't care about it.

Products Discussed in

To Top