Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Gen 4x4 35s 3" Lift w/o BODY LIFT

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #141
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
if 3 only times a week, you must get 4.56s. for 4 times a week wheeling, 4.88s is the way to go
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #143
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Dayyym! That's the longest commute I've heard of. Mine is 3.3 miles.
Under 100 yard commute here, literally work is across the street for me
Old 07-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #144
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Dayyym! That's the longest commute I've heard of. Mine is 3.3 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Under 100 yard commute here, literally work is across the street for me

Ahh must be nice.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #145
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So I just got 285's so I won't be upgrading to 35's for sometime. With that being said I am doing all the research I can so that when it is time I am aware of all that is involved.

Questions for the 35" guys.

When you use the BFH and create more room do you have to remove the footrest on the drivers side or is it not really noticeable on the inside of the cab?

How are all of you attaching your fenders once you cut them?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #146
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
nvm
Old 08-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #147
jameswick is on a distinguished road
jameswick's Tacoma Gallery
subbed.. adios dollars
Old 08-19-2013, 03:22 AM   #148
RECTIFIED
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
I would, but it depends on how much wheeling you do. If you wheel more than you commute, then 4.88....DD and once a month or less wheeler, then 4.56
I have a 100mile commute one way as well so ill lean toward 4.56 but Im curious if it would really matter for me being a prerunner, i see alot of 4x4 get gears, just not sure of the plus sides to gettin em. never really looked into gettin gears until recently. with my 35s i should gain more power with the 4.56s yes?
Old 08-19-2013, 03:31 AM   #149
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
I have a 100mile commute one way as well so ill lean toward 4.56 but Im curious if it would really matter for me being a prerunner, i see alot of 4x4 get gears, just not sure of the plus sides to gettin em. never really looked into gettin gears until recently. with my 35s i should gain more power with the 4.56s yes?

yes....should be just like stock, maybe a little better
Old 08-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #150
RECTIFIED
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
yes....should be just like stock, maybe a little better
Cool, sorry its off topic from the thread. How much $$ and im I looking at roughly and is it something I need professionally installed?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #152
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
looking forward to joining this club next week
Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #153
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
da fak is hockey?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #154
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
What is a hockey anyway. If you find out lmk
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #155
STEELTACO is just really niceSTEELTACO is just really niceSTEELTACO is just really niceSTEELTACO is just really niceSTEELTACO is just really nice
Name: CODY
STEELTACO's Tacoma Gallery
2'' Total Chaos Long travel and Defined Engineering SUA kit.
Some fender trimming.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #156
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome i want that. Cool pictures.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #157
IbeamsFTW is on a distinguished road

IbeamsFTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
I had 4.56s in my jeep wrangler 4.0 5 speed. With 35s, And I absolutely loved them. Recently went to 4.88s... And it is too much for 35s. I'm sure it is a bit different than a tacoma, but just my 2 cents. I will be going up to 37's to make up for it. I don't think I will ever run and lower gears than 4.56 again, on a street driven rig/DD.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:58 AM   #158
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
There's am old saying thats been passed down for generations. Cut, beat, wheel, repeat. Not rocket science we're dealing with here

THIS^^^^
Old 08-29-2013, 04:16 AM   #159
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
looking forward to joining this club next week
Nice! I'll be making the plunge this weekend. 31's right to 35's
Old 08-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #160
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So maybe this is a dumb question but, when it comes to 35's couldn't you limit the up travel by say half an inch or so and have less of an issue with rubbing? It seems to me like the worst of it is at full stuff.

Products Discussed in this Thread