Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Will Toyota ever offer a Tacoma with a factory V8 engine?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
achute is on a distinguished road

achute's Tacoma Gallery
Will Toyota ever offer a Tacoma with a factory V8 engine?

I want to see some insight on this. Do any of you think that Toyota will eventually offer the Tacoma with a V8 or even a diesel engine? I don't understand why the 4Runner has a V8 option but not the taco..
Old 07-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Butthurt Response Unit en route...lord have mercy on your soul OP
Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, these days I doubt it. The v8 is a gas killer and everyone is looking to go small displacement for economy, and add a turbo for power as necessary. I'd say a factory turbo Tacoma has a much higher chance of happening than a v8. Possibly a diesel some time in the future, but not in the near future I'd venture to guess.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
BadWolf4x4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dennis
BadWolf4x4's Tacoma Gallery
IMO v8 is more likely than diesel. Makes more sense putting a diesel in the tundra to keep up competition with the full sized 'merican trucks than putting it in a midsize truck where they more or less have the market. As for v8 seems they are prioritizing upping mileage over power. Just my $0.02. Supercharge your taco for more power!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
Diesel, Yes. 4 or 6. V8, no. The new tundra for '15 will get an updated v8, but I think a Diesel would almost take the place of both gas 4 and 6 in the tacoma now. I would like to see a Hybrid Tacoma. Toyota has the stuff to make it.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
While we're at it, what's the biggest tire w/ no trimming?
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
While we're at it, what's the biggest tire w/ no trimming?
What lift should I buy?
Old 07-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
My Prediction..
v8 in the pee runners..
diesl in the 5 luggers
4x4 to be phased out since a prerunner with a locker is just as capable.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
No... if you want a V8 buy a Tundra.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Do it yourself if you want a v8! Get an old v8 and stuff it under the hood
Old 07-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
What lift should I buy?
What is wrong with my truck? I have 9 inches of lift with 38 inch tires. My truck is slow, rides like hell and gets 9 mpg.

I sold my Ram for this truck and it got better mpg?? What the fuck Toyota?
Old 07-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Screw the V8. If gas keps going up I see Toyota bringing back the pre-taco mini truck. Oh and making a friggin fortune by doing that.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
ANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
ANT2013taco's Tacoma Gallery
Would it look stupid if i put ram horns on the hood of my truck?
Old 07-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say better chances of seeing a diesel engine before a V8 but I wouldnt hold my breath on the diesel either. Toyota will most likely keep to a V6 and just keep tweaking it for better mileage and efficiency.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
BBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant futureBBlank12 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
BBlank12's Tacoma Gallery
After talking to a buddy in kc that is a rep for toyota, he hinted that the tacos would most likely see a diesel engine option if ram is succesful with the diesel in the 1500.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Oh more rumors, cool. My buddy said people are diesel hungry already and the demand is there without supply.

Fuck Dodge.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
Screw the V8. If gas keps going up I see Toyota bringing back the pre-taco mini truck. Oh and making a friggin fortune by doing that.
They would make a profit on a mini truck based on the highlander hybrid. something to compete with the connect.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #20
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlank12 View Post
After talking to a buddy in kc that is a rep for toyota, he hinted that the tacos would most likely see a diesel engine option if ram is succesful with the diesel in the 1500.
I believe that. If their engine is hugely popular of course the other manufacturers will copy it. They all borrow and copy ideas from one another. They may not admit it but they do.