Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Squeaking noise!!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Question Squeaking noise!!!!

I just started hearing a squeaking noise on the front driver side of my truck near the suspension or the Total Chaos UCA's!!! It only squeaks when it hits a bump or going up or down on the driveway. I have 5100's up front with OME springs and TC UCA's. Any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I just started hearing a squeaking noise on the front driver side of my truck near the suspension or the Total Chaos UCA's!!! It only squeaks when it hits a bump or going up or down on the driveway. I have 5100's up front with OME springs and TC UCA's. Any suggestions?
you may need to spray a little pb blaster on the tc's uniball. thats probably where the squeak is coming from.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
1 million dollars says its the a-arms.

Go get some graphite powder and douse the uni-balls.

Clean them WELL first.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-my-zerks.html

check out what chris said about pb blaster and uniballs
Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Okay, thanks guys! I was kind of figuring it was the UCA's. I'll try it out when I get home tonight!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I responded to your PM. If the UCA's werent greased propperly when installed, you may have to take them off, and grease the bushing propperly. They may need to be pulled out of the UCA, then, rub grease all over them, and the sleave. Then, reinstall. They shouldnt squeak at all.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.

Okay I just got done re-greasing the UCA's. That did the trick!! No more squeaky!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone use this grease for their UCA bushings?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...p?prod=9.11104

I'm going to re-grease my TC UCAs and am looking for a quality grease. My goal is to eliminate the annoying squeaking for good.