LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

black headlights with chrome grill

Old 02-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
ilovemytaco is on a distinguished road
ilovemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
black headlights with chrome grill

damn i have been busting my ass trying to find a pic of a black tacoma with black headlights but with the chrome grill surround...does anyones truck fit this discription...can you post a pic?
Old 02-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Check out this thread, has several pictures of what you're looking for.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=155072

Marc M
Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
here ya go does this help?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
ilovemytaco is on a distinguished road
ilovemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
here ya go does this help?

ya thanx! what do u guys think of this look?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same thing in red, but I hate chrome so I painted the chrome band. It looks ten times better.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
To me it makes the headlights look bigger..

It also makes it look segmented - the chrome on the grill seems to end abruptly....

Different strokes for different folks, I'm the type that prefers consistency - if you use chrome them know where to end it, and if you use black then go all the way and black it all out - chrome will stick out like crazy on an otherwise blacked out truck.

I didn't know what I was buying when I got my SR-5.. it had chrome on it and I'm a cheapskate, so I went with it rather than replacing the components..... still thinking about blacking it out, though - the look is pretty badass....
Old 03-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
I like the look of a little chrome thats why i did it this way and not all blacked out. The back bumper is chrome also and thats it. I debadged it all so its just got alittle hint of chrome on the front and back.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

I like the black emblem too - it's a nice touch. No doubt that the truck is custom. Were those headlights purchased like that, or did you do the blackout mod to the OEM ones?

Little hint is cool. Admittedly I have waaay too much (chrome) but my wallet's not cooperating... LOL
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #9

Navy:
it was the Black Headlight Mod and everything i have done to my truck i have spent less than $50. And all of it is in spray paint, painters tape, and some wax and cleaning stuff. Its really really easy to do and you can do it all in about a day. The hardest thing is sitting there waiting for the paint to dry.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
Hey guys watch THIS!

LOL I hear ya. I still don't have the stones to bake my headlights and try it... maybe one day I'll grow a set, hehehehe

They look really clean.