1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Decel sensor pics?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Erik, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Jul 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    Erik

Erik [OP] That smells like pure gasoline

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Nashua, NH
    Vehicle:
    10'TRD off-road
    Shrockworks bumper+ IFS skid, 4xInnovations rock sliders, Toytec Bilstein/Eibach 5100 @ 2.5", 3" All-pro leaf pack w/Bilstein 5100, PIAA 510SMR, PIAA 1500, Python LC3 2-way Auto-start, Fog lights on w/Parking lights, ATRAC Hack, Diff breather mod
    Does anyone have a picture of where the decel sensor is? From what I gather it is under the driver's seat. I checked the FSM wiring diagram and didn't find it, but they could be calling it something else.

I need to test and probably replace the sensor, but I don't know what I am looking for. I got code 34 and 43. I replaced the left rear wheel speed sensor. The codes have 1 thing in common: skid control ecu malfunction. Before I even think about that I want to make sure that my decel sensor isn't the problem.

Pics of where its located or detailed description would be great.

2. Jul 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    Erik

Erik [OP] That smells like pure gasoline

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Nashua, NH
    Vehicle:
    10'TRD off-road
    Shrockworks bumper+ IFS skid, 4xInnovations rock sliders, Toytec Bilstein/Eibach 5100 @ 2.5", 3" All-pro leaf pack w/Bilstein 5100, PIAA 510SMR, PIAA 1500, Python LC3 2-way Auto-start, Fog lights on w/Parking lights, ATRAC Hack, Diff breather mod
    rock auto parts.com has a vss for $108. I looked up a picture of it online and found out it was located on the right side of the transfer case towards the front of it.

I tested it while the truck was idling and got 0.81 v. The wheel speed sensors I tested were all getting about 12v at idle so I am assuming that the vehicle speed sensor is bad and that I should replace it. However, the wheel speed sensor that was bad was reading 0 v before I replaced it and about 12v afterward.

Could it be that the vss is not using 12v because the vehicle is not moving?

vehicle speed sensor.jpg
    DSCN0222.jpg
    DSCN0220.jpg
    DSCN0221.jpg
    DSCN0219.jpg
    DSCN0218.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top