1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

speedometer needles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by major Woody, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Jul 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    major Woody

major Woody [OP] Active Member

Member:
    nova scotia
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD
    i did my dash in blue to day and wont to get the needles in blue where do i get them ???i cant find them any where ??can ya help me

2. Jul 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Most people scrape off the original orange coat and apply blue acrylic (I think its acrylic they use) paint and you are good to go. There is a thread on it, I will see if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Not the thread I was thinking of but read through this, members post how to do it.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/182033-best-way-remove-paint-needles.html

EDIT 2: Here is the thread I was thinking of; it is for 1st gens but should be the same.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/177472-1st-gen-speedo-needle-mod.html

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  3. Jul 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    You don't buy new needles... You have a couple options. Either sand the color off the backside of the needles leaving a rough surface or use rubbing alcohol to take the paint off of the needles. Either way, you can paint them blue if you so desire, but the color of the needles is largely determined by the color of the bulb lighting underneath it. My needles are actually painted silver with acrylic paint.

[​IMG]

Slashaar likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top