1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I expect front diff vibrations after a 1.75" lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dizo, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Jul 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    Dizo

Dizo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    North of 62°, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB TRD Sport
    Aux Audio-input, 5100's @ 1.75", 2" Wheeler's AAL, LED Underhood Lighting, Anytime ABS-Off Switch,
    Planning my lift... is it common enough to have the front diff vibrations after lifting that I should pre-order the ECGS Front Diff Bushing? Being in Canada adds cost to the bushing and CV Shaft that goes along with installing it, and ordering both before actually running into the issue adds potentially unnecessary cost to my lift.

Truck is a 2005 4x4 TRD-S QCLB w/ 90 000 miles, not even the faintest hint of a vibration or noise from the front diff as it stands now.

Should I spend the extra 200$ and get the bushing and CV shaft prior to installing my lift, or hope that I don't have issues? Because my shop is quite a ways from where I live, It would be several weeks after my lift before I did the bushing if I didn't have it pre-ordered.

2. Jul 16, 2013 at 3:13 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    I put a 3" lift on mine, no vibes. I don't think front diff vibes are as common as drive shaft dives in the rear. I would wait and see and save your money.

3. Jul 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    Dizo

Dizo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    North of 62°, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB TRD Sport
    Aux Audio-input, 5100's @ 1.75", 2" Wheeler's AAL, LED Underhood Lighting, Anytime ABS-Off Switch,
    I shouldn't have any problems with drive shaft vibes because i'm keeping it fairly low (1.5" in the rear), so i'm not too concerned there. Took a look at my carrier bearing last night and it's more than fine.

I guess i'll go ahead and hope I don't see any problems.
    I think i'll lift the front end first, drive it around, and if I feel any vibes i'll drop the 5100's back down to stock height while I order the ECGS bushing and wait for it to arrive.

Products Discussed in

To Top