Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking to do some mods -need good advice

Old 07-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #1
carneya1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
carneya1's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to do some mods -need good advice

First all I have a 2006 crew cab tacoma trd offroad 4x4 silver. The shop in my town is offering a rough country 4" or 6" suspension lift http://www.roughcountry.com/toyota-s...it-747-20.html
Install for 1700$ but I know that add a leaf in rear and coil overs in front would be a better ride! Now don't have a ton of extra cash cuz have baby due in December but I want to get my truck lookin good, so I wanting 4-6" with 33s-295 what are some good lifts to look at that maybe isnt 2000$(before installed)
Attached Thumbnails
Looking to do some mods -need good advice-image.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #2

Also with getting that lift can I just buy a set of coil overs for front and take off that above coil lift or would I have to change out alot of other parts also ?
Old 07-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
You will see majority of people on this forum come in and persuade you NOT to buy a drop bracket lift. In many cases they may reduce clearance unless you run huge tires. And you will have to cut the front cross member. IF you are set on that route, lots of people seem to love the RCD 4" lift, and can vouch for it being quality parts.

If you are not going offroad and are deadset on the drop bracket then thats fine, many people still run them.

Take a look at wheelers:
http://wheelersoffroad.com/toyota/ta...n-and-chassis/

They have a many of the more popular setups people run on here.

Otherwise search around this forum 2nd gen section and you will see the lift question has been asked a lot.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #4

Thanks , I am not set on anythin just yet, it's goin to be my everyday truck so won't be going offroad except at hunting land maybe few times lightly, I just wanna get the look an height and put 33s or 295s on it but I don't wanna hve a horrible stuff ride, I know coilovers are the best just so expensive an with baby due can't drop that much right now just on lift
Old 07-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carneya1 View Post
Thanks , I am not set on anythin just yet, it's goin to be my everyday truck so won't be going offroad except at hunting land maybe few times lightly, I just wanna get the look an height and put 33s or 295s on it but I don't wanna hve a horrible stuff ride, I know coilovers are the best just so expensive an with baby due can't drop that much right now just on lift
If you want to run just 33's, I'd suggest the 4" RCD lift. I don't remember specific pricing, so it may be higher than what you were looking to do. It is made to run 33's (may require very MINIMAL trimming of some items for full articulation) whereas 6" lifts look best with/are designed for 35's.

Or you can save up and just put together a great suspension later on. Truck is plenty capable in stock form. And for example...OME full lift kit is right in the $1200 range and is a great 2.5-3inch lift that can accommodate 285's with some trimming and looks good.

Probably some good info in here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-how-many.html
Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
maxtrac 4" spindles + new coilovers + new rear leaf pack of your choice
Old 07-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
Negative Ghostrider

JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
maxtrac 4" spindles + new coilovers + new rear leaf pack of your choice
He's 4x4, so no on the spindles
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
For that price you could get a really nice coil over setup that would be my recommendation.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #9

all the prices i have seen on 6' coilovers alone are 1500$ thats not including rear. unless i have been lookin at wrong places online lol
Old 07-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Full coil over set up with aal and new rear shocks all fox

May be a tad more but a lot better setup if you ask me
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #12
adriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: USMC
Name: Adrian
adriancast's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2.5 inch with add a leaf with 285/75/16 BFGs A/Ts I get a lot of compliments.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #13

what website is that and how much lift is that?? and is that everything ill need or are there other parts to order also? i would be happy with a 4' coilover lift i just need to know evrything i need to buy. i wont be offroading much since cant afford to tear anything up right now and its everyday vehical and with baby riding in back seat lol thatnk yall for the help btw
Old 07-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #14

mine has the horrible (lol) spacer 2' lift and blocks right now (leveling kit) but i want lil more height for looks and fit 33s since it wil be my everyday ride just tryin make it look good but also ride smooth and if i do decide to offroad one day then itll be able to and good resale value for when i can afford a 2013 tacoma crewcab
Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #15
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carneya1 View Post
mine has the horrible (lol) spacer 2' lift and blocks right now (leveling kit) but i want lil more height for looks and fit 33s since it wil be my everyday ride just tryin make it look good but also ride smooth and if i do decide to offroad one day then itll be able to and good resale value for when i can afford a 2013 tacoma crewcab
you're going to have to top out at 3" of lift. without slapping an expensive drop bracket on it or a ridiculous body lift, it's basically the max for these trucks, and for good reason; a 3" suspension lift will be more capable than a 6" DB lift plus have a lower center of gravity.

plus fitting 33" tires almost ALWAYS requires trimming of sorts. don't worry about it, everyone trims.... eventually
Old 07-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #16

Tcprerunner what website is that and would that be the only three things I need to buy, cuz it seems like in the kits there are alot more peices involved to lift it? And how much lift is that?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #17

http://sdhqoffroad.com/

And yes that is all you need aal gives you rear lift and the coil overs give you front it is max 3" but you won't even need that to clear 33" tires.. This setup will work q0x better then a db lift .. Only other thing you may need is extended brake lines and if you do the Max 3" you will need aftermarket uca's to correct alignment issues..
Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #18

Call and talk to the guys at sdhq tell them you heard if them on tacoma world they will treat you great and help you get the perfect setup for you