1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2004 taco up grading to a 2013

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 04trd, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Jul 17, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    gman2530

gman2530 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Nothing like a Brand New Vehicle...
    One ?.... Is your 04 access or DC??? They are worth Good Coin!!!!
    The 2nd Gen is an Entirely different truck, had 08 TRD Sport Access Cab Super White... the Size, seating position, ground clearance.. I'm 6'2", it is Roomy But the rearview mirror was too low, read many post about that, Guy here fabed a relocation bar, i got it but the rear window is in a lower position so i was only able to see out of a very narrow area...The seats for me, sat too LOW N back, felt like i had to lean forward to see over the Hood which is much longer n wider and i never could get comfortable, read threads on that too..Both after the buying it....My brakes felt spongy compared to my 03 access 2wd, threads on that too... It is a beautiful truck for sure & i had my 03 since brand new, really wanted to up grade..

It is a completely different rig!!! My only suggestion is you do at least two or three test drives... better if you have a friend that would allow you to drive it for a day.. It is very easy to be distracted because she is so nice inside & has Good power And Nothing Like a Brand New Truck!....Take the time to really get a feel for it.. It is so much bigger..1st Gens are compact, i always liked that fact that it was compact but could always get a lot in the bed!! It is a Good feel & Size for me & my needs..
    I needed to do a upgrade to my house so i did not feel bad about letting her go... Sold it, got kitchen done & Found a Nice 03 DCSB w 164K
    All that being said it will come down to preference... Just want you to have no regrets, Finding 1st Gens that have low miles for a decent price is getting rare, very rare!!! Read some threads on 1st Gen forums..
    Just my 2cents..
    >Gman

2. Jul 17, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    fgcutaco

fgcutaco Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    '09 SWB, Access Cab, 5 Lug
    Stock... For now...
    This. OP, sounds like you love your truck, and you'll miss it. As Shawn already said, you have waited this long, whats another year or so?? Especially if your truck is paid off, that just means, no truck payment for a bit, and stash your money for mods on the 3rd gen that you'll probably want :drevil:

3. Jul 17, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    kootch

kootch Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JC
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Westin Bull Bar, window vents, Warn off road lamps
    I have the 13 TRD and love it. The stock sound system sucks though. If I replace the stereo with the nav setup, will it just plug in once I pull the dash apart or do I have to rewire the whole thing so the mic works and the navigation system works?

4. Jul 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    JHG57

JHG57 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Oviedo, Florida
    Having never heard the Entune system I cant really comment on it. I do know that with the standard touch screen w/BlueTooth I do not feel like I am missing anything that I need. Sound is relative, I wear hearing aides so what sounds good to someone else might sound like crap to me or vise versa.

5. Jul 17, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    Drinknmolson

Drinknmolson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wheat Ridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 DCSB sport
    If u dont need the extra room of the bigger truck keep your 04! I miss mine.

6. Jul 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    04trd

04trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 f150 lariat
    weather techs, 20precent tint, leveling kit, back flip bed cover, rhino liner
    Ya I'm just going to keep her. Just like fgcutaco said I do love my truck and I'm going to run it into the ground. Ill try to get 300k out of it.

7. Jul 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Hell yeah! If I could've found a decently priced/mileage Double-cab 4x4 01-04 Tacoma when I was on my search for a vehicle, I would have chosen it over my 2nd gen. Love my 2nd gen to death, but damn do I love 1st gens. My dad has an 04 PreRunner, and aside from wishing he had gone 4x4, he is going to drive it until doomsday.

8. Jul 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    fgcutaco

fgcutaco Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    '09 SWB, Access Cab, 5 Lug
    Stock... For now...
    And when doomsday comes, the truck will just keep goin'.

9. Jul 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    04trd

04trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 f150 lariat
    weather techs, 20precent tint, leveling kit, back flip bed cover, rhino liner
    That's a tacoma in general :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top