Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leveling Kit for 2013

Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
ATLien is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
ATLien's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling Kit for 2013

I'm contemplating getting a 2" leveling spacer kit from 4 wheel parts and am interested in people's experiences with similar setups.

My first concern is possibly voiding the warranty on a 3 month-old truck, which I'll have to chat with the dealer about.

My second concern is wear and tear above and beyond normal usage. The vast majority of my usage is as a daily driver. I'll do some light offroading every couple months, but nothing crazy (mostly driving on some logging roads).

My final concern is what happens to the truck's handling? I believe a 2" spacer will mean that my suspension would have 2" less travel, which isn't a huge deal except for all the obnoxiously large speed humps around where I live (I don't always take them as slowly as I should). Does the increased lift in the front affect cornering? I'd assume that to some degree I'm increasing the center of mass and therefore making the truck more prone to body lean and rolling the truck.

Thanks for the input!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...udes-pics.html
Old 07-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
ATLien is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
ATLien's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I've read through that article extensively and would LOVE a long travel suspension kit, but I've got at least 50K miles to go until I'll consider that. I was hoping to get some testimonials or opinions from people who have had this type of setup on their truck. Having never driven a vehicle with a modified suspension, I'm a little apprehensive about heading into the unknown.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
jsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jsi's Tacoma Gallery
Warning! You are heading for a slippery slope. It starts out as a small little spacer lift and ends . . . ugh no it never ends

I just bought a used 2011 double cab that had a combo spacer lift on the front and lift blocks on the rear. I do not recommend the lift that the previous owner installed. http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/d...ear-block-set/ The spacer caused the springs to rub on the control arms. That said when I pulled it off there wasn't much difference in the ride or handling. It has a little bit softer ride without the lift, but any difference is insignificant to my backside.

When I was looking for my truck I test drove a new one with a similar lift installed by the dealer. Maybe you could have the dealer install the lift and keep the warranty too. Coming from a heavily modified Jeep I say go for it. Yes, there will be additional maintenance and parts will wear quicker, but there is something special about driving a vehicle that you've made just the way you want it.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
03 TERMINATOR is on a distinguished road

Name: Gregg
03 TERMINATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I had the dealer install a 3" front and 2" rear Ready Lift spacer lift on my 13 Sport right out of the box and kept my warranty intact. I did not notice much difference in ride quality. I to would love to get the long travel setup but do not do enough serious off roading to justify the cost. I hope that this helps.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
craigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant future
Name: Craig
craigb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 TERMINATOR View Post
I had the dealer install a 3" front and 2" rear Ready Lift spacer lift on my 13 Sport right out of the box and kept my warranty intact. I did not notice much difference in ride quality. I to would love to get the long travel setup but do not do enough serious off roading to justify the cost. I hope that this helps.
Where do you find a dealer that will do it. I called dealers and can't find one that will do it. They all say It will void my warranty. I'm from Pa.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #7
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
i talked to 3 different dealer, all of them said a leveling kit will not void the warranty or any part as long as its less than 3 inches..

that being said, i have done 2.5 and 3, and i would say go 2 or 2.5 its less bad for your ride.