Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Opinions on a New Lift?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dakota
dakotasyota's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions on a New Lift?

I finally saved up enough to buy myself a Tacoma! 2006 Access Cab, SR5, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-road. I love it, but of course want to lift it. I put a 4 inch Rough Country lift on my previous truck, a 1990 Toyota Pickup, but I was a bit unhappy with the quality.
I would love another 4 inch lift, but I don't see much... Mostly just 3 inch and 6 inch lifts. So basically here's the deal:
4 inch or 6 inch lift? Any problems with the 6 inch lifts?
Should I go with Rough Country? (Appears to be better than the 1990 lifts...)
What are my options under $1500?
So yeah, any of you who have experience with these, your input is much appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to help, but do a little searching around on the site here. Lots of info and pics.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 07-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Rebels62 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dean
Rebels62's Tacoma Gallery
Just put on my six inch rough country and ride great
Old 07-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dakota
dakotasyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebels62 View Post
Just put on my six inch rough country and ride great
Did you install it yourself? How top heavy does it feel?