Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Before and After Pics - Wheel Spacers, Color Matched Grill & Painted Valance

Old 07-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Before and After Pics - Wheel Spacers, Color Matched Grill & Painted Valance

Mods Done
Color Matched Grill - $180 Camelback Toyota
Plasti Dipped Rims - $20 Lowes (see Sig)
1.5" Spacers - $100 Ebay
Front Valance Painted Black - $4 Walmart
AVS Bug Deflector - $50 Ebay
Bilstein 5100 Shocks at 1.75" Front - $200 Ebay
BFG A/T 265/75/16 - $850 Sam's Club

Let me voice my opinion on ebay spacers. The ones I picked up for 100 free shipped are made from the exact same metals as spydertrax. They are billet, not cast. The lugs and bolts are american made as well. Only downside is they are lugcentric, not hubcentric. Meaining they center themselves on the lugs instead of having a ring that centers itself on the hub. Big deal? Not at all. I have ran these same spacers on my tacomas and my my two jeeps I had before. My jeeps were wheeled HARD. Sometimes all four wheels had left the ground if I was going fast enough. Never before have I had ANY problems. Make sure you buy a set with acorn nuts so it centers itself when tightening it down and you will be golden. Acorn nuts are just like your usual lug nut, they have a cone shape on the female receiving side. I used loctite and called it good. Tested her at 80mph on the freeway with zero vibs as expected. Perfect.

Now, enjoy the Spruce Mica.

Before Grill, Spacers, and Painted Valance

After Spacers and Grill

After Painted Valance (Krylon Fusion Plastic Spray Paint - Satin Black)

Current

Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin' good!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
StrikeSwiftly is on a distinguished road
Army: 70TH Engineers
Name: Chris
StrikeSwiftly's Tacoma Gallery
I really like your transformation. The color matched grill really pops on that color. Also I tried to check out that website for a silver grill and it said there was a 404. With the 5100s at 1.75 your pretty level with the stock rear correct?
Did you notice if the front end tightened up at all?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Love that color. Good job.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeSwiftly View Post
I really like your transformation. The color matched grill really pops on that color. Also I tried to check out that website for a silver grill and it said there was a 404. With the 5100s at 1.75 your pretty level with the stock rear correct?
Did you notice if the front end tightened up at all?
Hmm, the link works for me from my phone as well. Odd. I sit perfectly level and love it. Also, the 5100s have a VERY snug ride. MUCH better than stock. Feels great around turns. Much less boat, much more truck.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
cbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
That color matched grill makes a huge difference. Nice stance as well. Great job!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr04 View Post
That color matched grill makes a huge difference. Nice stance as well. Great job!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
Toys4Us is on a distinguished road
Toys4Us's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful Tacoma. Great comparison pics. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toys4Us View Post
Beautiful Tacoma. Great comparison pics. Thanks.
My pleasure
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by the glen View Post
I like how the valance turned out. Did you paint it on the truck or remove it first?
I removed it. Rather easy minus the 3 clips in the dead center. They were a pita for big hands.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #13
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Raz4back's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Taco View Post
Mods Done
Color Matched Grill - $180 Camelback Toyota
Plasti Dipped Rims - $20 Lowes (see Sig)
1.5" Spacers - $100 Ebay
Front Valance Painted Black - $4 Walmart
AVS Bug Deflector - $50 Ebay
Bilstein 5100 Shocks at 1.75" Front - $200 Ebay
BFG A/T 265/75/16 - $850 Sam's Club

Let me voice my opinion on ebay spacers. The ones I picked up for 100 free shipped are made from the exact same metals as spydertrax. They are billet, not cast. The lugs and bolts are american made as well. Only downside is they are lugcentric, not hubcentric. Meaining they center themselves on the lugs instead of having a ring that centers itself on the hub. Big deal? Not at all. I have ran these same spacers on my tacomas and my my two jeeps I had before. My jeeps were wheeled HARD. Sometimes all four wheels had left the ground if I was going fast enough. Never before have I had ANY problems. Make sure you buy a set with acorn nuts so it centers itself when tightening it down and you will be golden. Acorn nuts are just like your usual lug nut, they have a cone shape on the female receiving side. I used loctite and called it good. Tested her at 80mph on the freeway with zero vibs as expected. Perfect.

Now, enjoy the Spruce Mica.

Before Grill, Spacers, and Painted Valance

After Spacers and Grill

After Painted Valance (Krylon Fusion Plastic Spray Paint - Satin Black)

Current

Nice job. The grill and valance look great!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
ORTaco09 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
ORTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that looks good.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #15
For Love of Truck

Appreciate it guys! Now, do these same cheap mods on your trucks!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #16
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent work sir!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
20taco10 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jesse
20taco10's Tacoma Gallery
link to spacers used??????/ i'm interested. I've heard so many mixed reviews, but spending 200+ on spacers seems crazy. i guess they are nice, but a cheaper option would be nice...
Old 07-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #20
runner05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
runner05's Tacoma Gallery
Looks a lot better. The color matched grill made a huge change.