View Poll Results: what type of plug did you put back in
denso copper 129 28.60%
denso iridium 113 25.06%
ngk copper 41 9.09%
ngk iridium 112 24.83%
other 56 12.42%
Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #41
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
I got the Denso K20HRU11's off autopartswarehouse.com they are supposed to be one step upgraded from the stock Denso's on your truck. Its running fine I seem to be getting more miles to the tank now! Happy camper.

- Rich
Old 02-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #42
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
besides getting ripped at my stealership..(seeing all of your copper prices ) the new plugs are making my truck smooooth. dont know how much is placebo affect, but even my wife thinks so.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #43
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
I put in E3's
Old 07-15-2010, 06:15 AM   #44
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Denso platinum...
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #45
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Correct. However, the ignition system on the 2.7 is designed for Iridium plugs, so they should be used on it.
I will be putting my old ones that have nothing on them back in thanks. Did not know that.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #46
rontom is on a distinguished road
rontom's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I changed mine out 3 weeks ago with stock Denso's (copper) gapped @ .043--The Chris 4x4 write-up was very helpful!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:58 AM   #48
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
I went with denso iridiums gapped to .040. I picked up 1.5mpg.
In boosted applications, I use coppers to keep costs down from changing them every other oil change.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #49
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I just swapped mine out with some Denso Platinums the other day. I'm at 70k miles.

I was just reading Chris 4x4's guide a second ago and I didnt remove half the stuff he did. I just moved the air filter hose out of the way without removing it. The only thing I did on the driver's side was loosen that bracket so I could slide the middle coil out. Took me 35 minutes start to finish.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #50
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
I had Denso iridiums 20,000 miles ago. Then I started getting P0300 codes. Replaced with regular Denso coppers and the CEL lights have gone away.

I'm with chris4x4 on this one: stick with regular spark plugs in this engine.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #51
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyman89 View Post
I have read this before and always wondered why there are 2 different kinds of plugs. Never heard of it until here. Anyone got an answer?
I heard something on here about either the passenger or driver side running hotter than the other and that is the reason for the two different plugs.

But when I did the change on my wife's Grand Cherokee guess what I found... Denso one side NGK on the other.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #53
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Maybe they just want to keep 2 suppliers happy to cover their ass in case of shit happening with one down the line.
Most likely reason.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #54
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think the manual says anything between .038 and .043

Personally, I shoot for .040.

Chris 4x4-
is there anything to the weapon x cai? Does it help with mpg? Have you ever used a Hyper Sun voltage system?

This forum is about plugs and firing systems so I'm thinking this is okay to write any questions about how other components which affect plugs may impact MPG.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #55
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rme View Post
Chris 4x4-
is there anything to the weapon x cai? Does it help with mpg? Have you ever used a Hyper Sun voltage system?

This forum is about plugs and firing systems so I'm thinking this is okay to write any questions about how other components which affect plugs may impact MPG.
No to cai and to Hyper Sun voltage system for increased mpg.

Better to start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #56
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
No to cai and to Hyper Sun voltage system for increased mpg.

Better to start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

Sorry .... Moderator please feel free to remove this post and the post above with my avatar...
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #57
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #58
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just use these:
Yeah i didn't even know there was another tool to gap ha
Old 10-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #59
jrgroucho is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
jrgroucho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
Feeler Gauge. I have both, but usually use the gap tool pictured above.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #60
bamma is on a distinguished road

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post

I wouldn't recommend using these tools, they can damage the plug's center electrode. I always use a feeler gauge.

http://www.sears.com/kd-tools-spark-...p-00993924000P