LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toytec Coils or 2.5 SAWs or ICONs

Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
damn those things are ugly
Yeah, but they make an AWSOME suspension!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #23
Drew01taco is on a distinguished road

Drew01taco's Tacoma Gallery
Well to maybe get back on topic a little... I would prolly buy the SAW's and re-build them. If you end up not liking them for some reason, sell them and make a little profit and then go with Icons. But i do think the SAW's would be the best and with the money your saved, get you an AAL from toytec. They are great to do business with....
Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #24
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yeah, but they make an AWSOME suspension!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #25
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
chris do you believe that the ome's are as good as some icon's? or is it a bang for your buck kinda deal?
I'm not sure if i should spend the $1000 on icons or get ome springs and 5100's for like $300...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #26
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i plan on gettin some saws or camburg 2.5.... let me know if you dont get those saws, ill pick those up
Old 03-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #27
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
chris do you believe that the ome's are as good as some icon's? or is it a bang for your buck kinda deal?
I'm not sure if i should spend the $1000 on icons or get ome springs and 5100's for like $300...
Personally, I think the OME's are better than any coilover.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #28
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
can you support your answer with valid facts or is it just one of those things, where you like something and thats how it is?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #29

Quote:
can you support your answer with valid facts or is it just one of those things, where you like something and thats how it is?
Well....I have had SAW's on my 2000 Tacoma, I have a few friends that have Fox, King, Icon (Donahoe), and Camburgs. I feel my OME set up I have right now rides better than all of theirs. As the OME uses a 590# spring rate, and most coilovers use a 650# spring, its a nicer street ride. And, My Buddies with the Icon and SAW have bottoming out issues. I have only bottomed 2 times, after jumping. So, Being as I have been screwing around with Tacoma suspensions for 9 years now, I feel the OME is the best ridding suspension for MY needs.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #30
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome responses! I don't know about the EMU those things look like they can really kick some A$$.

The SAWs that I am looking to get were bought in 2006 and was told they don't need to be rebuilt. I called Sway Away and told them the situation and they said to just send them in......it's better to get them rebuilt and have that peace of mind.

I guess if I don't like the way they ride, I can always sell them......

Thanks again for all the comments and crazy pics.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #31

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
ok chris, do you use the emu coil and emu shock or emu coil and bilstein 5100's?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #32
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
ok chris, do you use the emu coil and emu shock or emu coil and bilstein 5100's?
Run your mouse over that dotted blue box under his user name.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 AM   #33
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
The most important thing is that if you go OME suspension, don't waste your time or money with 5100s
Old 03-03-2009, 05:42 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
The most important thing is that if you go OME suspension, don't waste your time or money with 5100s
X2
Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #35

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, i've heard A LOT of talk about un-even sag from OME lifts..
Old 03-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #36

Quote:
hmm, i've heard A LOT of talk about un-even sag from OME lifts..
Must have been from a while back. The newer OME springs are scragged to prevent any sagging. Also, they have an Trim Packer to account for any driver side lean.