1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SRS seatbelt repair

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jverbsky, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Jul 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    jverbsky

jverbsky [OP] Member

Member:
    Saint Louis
    Vehicle:
    2012 4 cylinder regular cab rebuild
    Bought a project tacoma (2012, minimal frame or body damage, but seatbelts were blown). So rebuilding your SRS airbags is very very possible. The pretensioner igniter blows and locks the seatbelts. Once you undo the igniter from the belt, it retracts like normal. You can buy replacement igniters and put them in. One nice feature is that the igniter holder is actually screw on, so you can unscrew the cap, remove the old igniter (which is in tight because of the explosion expanding the body of it), replace it and screw the cap back on...should work. The only interesting fact (and the only reason I am writing this entire paragraph) is that the cap threads are reversed....righty not tighty....Righty loosie. I was able to unscrew it with channel locks, after realizing this fact.

On a related note, anybody have experience with certifit radiator supports? They are $65 locally compared to $400 for oem. I understand the fit is the main issue, but since it is local, I can test it before welding.

And anyone have a good source for a new dash...the passenger bags blew and blew the dash, which is kinda onetime use, as far as I can tell.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top