Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bakflip with cargo divider?

Old 07-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
TNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of light
TNReb's Tacoma Gallery
Bakflip with cargo divider?

Does anyone with a Bakflip (G2) also have a cargo divider? I thought I read that the Bakflip uses the rails - so I'm assuming a cargo divider couldn't also use that.

I usually keep my golf clubs in the back and would love a cargo divider to keep them (as well as shoes and anything else) in place up front.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
tattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura about

Name: Erick
tattooedsnake's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got an Undercover Flex Tonneau cover which is the same idea. It uses up the factory bed rails so the sliding mounting points are useless now. I went and got a ratcheting cargo bar , something like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Keeper-Ra...7#.UfXD0o3vubM for my truck and it has worked out really well so far. I keep a lot of my stuff ( like boots, waders, other fishing gear, and even groceries ) near the tail gate so I that I just have to open 1 panel of my tonneau cover ,and this bar allows me to make a good sized cargo area using the wheel wells. It keeps everything in place and is easy to rearrange depending on what cargo you might be carrying. I found that it is also long enough to run from the front of your bed to the tail gate if you need to hold something to the sides of your truck.

Hell for the price you could probably get 2 and then make any size cargo area you would ever need

Hope this helped a little bit.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
peto48 will become famous soon enough

peto48's Tacoma Gallery
Do you already have a bed mat? I found the simplest solution to keeping my golf clubs, groceries etc. in place was to get a rubber bed mat. Nothing slides around. I picked up the deezee bedmat for under $60.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
TNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of lightTNReb is a glorious beacon of light
TNReb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by peto48 View Post
Do you already have a bed mat? I found the simplest solution to keeping my golf clubs, groceries etc. in place was to get a rubber bed mat. Nothing slides around. I picked up the deezee bedmat for under $60.
I ordered one this weekend from AutoAnything. Should be here soon. I'll give it a whirl before buying a divider.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
eikldave is on a distinguished road
eikldave's Tacoma Gallery
Cargo Divider and BAKFLIP

I'm also trying to use my Toyota Cargo Divider with a BAKFLIP. What if I mount a second set of rails under the existing rails leaving enough clearance for the divider mounts. Then take off a couple of inches off the bottom of the divider? I haven't found any vendors for the rails other than the dealer or possibly a wrecking yard.