1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best & most affordable Rear plate bumper for a 2013?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fenderpicks, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    fenderpicks

fenderpicks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys... I am looking for some input on a rear plate bumper for my 2013 Baja series Taco

I am located in Houston TX

The most important thing i need to note is that. I will HIGHLY UNLIKELY to bring the truck for any mudding or off road.

And most of you will ask why the heck do i want a plate bumper then?
    Well... the reason is, i have always loved those beefy looking bumpers. And i told myself if i was to ever get a truck, i will have a front and a back, so it will be like bomb proof.

1. I know most vendors here design the rear bumper with the hidden hitch, (I am assuming i will no longer use the factory hitch?) I was wondering will that bring the towing rate much lower? compare with the factory hitch?

2. Does anyone know a vendor that is AROUND the Houston TX area? So i could pick it up, instead of shipping?

3. Obviously i dont want to pay over 1k for a rear bumper. I have checked here and googled, and saw a few places that asks more than 1k for a BASE rear bumper.

4. In terms of craftsmanship and design, which fabricator shop is the best?

5. Any upcoming rear bumper GB, that anyone is aware of lol? (I would love to SAVE)

Please dont flame me... i just would like to know the experts opinion on this.
    Because i dont know jack $hit about plate bumpers lol.

I came from a WRX to a Tacoma, so my knowledge with trucks is limited =)

2. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Have you looked in this sticky yet? Some newer bumpers are probably left out of the list...I don't think its been updated in a while.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/164975-bumpers-2nd-gens-only.html

From what I've seen most fab companies don't actually rate the tow capacity on the bumper. But if you look at anyone's build that tows with an aftermarket bumper, you shouldn't have an issue, but don't take my word for it.

I have my eye on a fabfour rear bumper just to retain the fatory hitch. I may change my mind by the time I pull my saved up money together to really start modding my Tacoma.

3. Jul 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    fenderpicks

fenderpicks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yea i saw the sticky, theres only a few Rear bumpers listed in there...

I found a fab shop around Houston called Shrocksworks, but hell they are pricey

Products Discussed in

To Top