LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Snow in NJ, ran my 4x4

Old 03-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
Snow in NJ, ran my 4x4

ran my 4x4 for a bit on the highway... I was going like 40mph.
the 4x4 ran pretty damn smooth!! love it
Old 03-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobK View Post
I ran mine last night up to 65mph in 4x4high. I was getting a little impatient with the slow drivers that were forcing me to slow down. Salt trucks spoil all the fun too.
LOL!!! A true New Jerseyan saves his first post to complain about traffic!

Welcome to TW, dude!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
I got to do my first recoverey this morning on 295 at ex 16 . Pulled a mustang out of the ditch the guy gave me like $40.00 to pull him out. That almost paid for the arb strap i bought. hopefully i can pull more out on the way home from work, I need some TC UCAs.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Liam1234 is on a distinguished road
Liam1234's Tacoma Gallery
Just got home from making Sales calls, many accidents. I got about 14" in my driveway. Was doing 65-70 in 4x4. This thing is great in the snow! The nrealized 2WD is fine with the traction that the 09 has.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I ran mine last night up to 65mph in 4x4high. I was getting a little impatient with the slow drivers that were forcing me to slow down. Salt trucks spoil all the fun too.
Welcome. what parts are you from? I'm down here in pennsville.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
I got to play a little bit in my 09 too but i'm from TN. When it snows an inch here everyone flips out on the road. They'll all start driving about 5mph causing more trouble than the weather. I love the LSD in these trucks though becasue i was able to pass wihtout problem and get away from all the dummies
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
RobK is on a distinguished road

RobK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
LOL!!! A true New Jerseyan saves his first post to complain about traffic!

Welcome to TW, dude!
Haha, thanks. Where did you get your headlights? I think those are the same ones I'm looking to get. How do you like em?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I had fun in the snow today, too.

Quote:
Thank you. I'm in Marlton.
I lived in Marlton for a few years in HS; Kings Grant. Used to fish after school at Tomlinson Mill lake all the time.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #13
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
You'll have to come wheelin with Silverseven and me next time.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...lots-pics.html
where do u off-rd?
but I have only stock stuff so I can't do anything TOO hardcore!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #14
NMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to all

NMG's Tacoma Gallery
I've rarely ever used 4x4 at sustained speeds over 40 mph or so. I figure if the conditions actually require 4x4, I shouldn't be doing much more than that anyway. Good to hear that it's smooth at those speeds though.

OTOH, I have passed lots of trucks in the ditch who were doing posted highway speeds (55-65) with 4x4 engaged
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
where do u off-rd?
but I have only stock stuff so I can't do anything TOO hardcore!

went to glassboro last time thinking about maybe head down to the pine barrons next time. Silversevens leading the charge.. You don't have to get hardcore .. Hell next time I trying to do some cooking out there.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #16
Jerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: MLB Driver
Jerseytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
You'll have to come wheelin with Silverseven and me next time.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...lots-pics.html
can i come?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
Jerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud of

Word PM Me!! Bunch of Jeep guys are going to Wharton this Sunday...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708574
Old 03-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #20

No I have to workmaybe next time. What you doin in AC? I'm from Ventnor, where you live?