Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My encounter with a frontier salesmen

Old 07-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Tacoma View Post
Exactly, what would a Nissan salesman know? Of course we Toyota salesman do know all! LOL
My salesman was really great, but he knew hardly anything on the Tacoma. I knew about it before I walked on the lot, so I don't care if the sales guy knows anything. Of course, if he knows something I don't then that is awesome, but I don't get the point of educating yourself pre-purchase for months online and then get snarky when the sales guy knows less than you.

Anyway, he was awesome but he tried (failed) to show me the rear seats folding flat in the DC because he thought the head rests were supposed to stay on.

He did say he wasn't going to force the seat down, and didn't know why it wasn't laying flat. I asked if the head rests needed to be removed, and he said no.

Big deal, I know better, and he didn't damage a new vehicle by forcing it. Good for him. Still a great guy, great salesman. (They're supposed to help you buy, not show you how to move the floor mats..)
Old 07-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5vic View Post
Considering when I looked at the frontier the salesmen admittedly couldn't drive standard. How the f can you sell cars without being able to drive 35-40% of the market. They're tards.
I wouldn't think 35% of the market would be manual trannys, at least not where I live. I would say closer to 3-5% haha. It took me months to find my 6 speed in this region.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Lots of people can't drive standard transmissions. They have to get jobs, some end up as car salesmen.

I'd be surprised, honestly, if 40% of all car owners in the US knew how to drive standards.
He's in Canada, 40% of cars sold up there might actually be stick shift.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #24
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
I see nothing wrong with the 4 cylinder Toyota engines. Have had plenty of friends over the years who had them and they were very solid. Not going to beat you at stop lights or turn big ole' tires but they have their place.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
He's in Canada, 40% of cars sold up there might actually be stick shift.
I'm not versed in Canada, so I'll take your word for it.

My buddy likes standard transmissions. I don't want to daily drive a stick. Been there, auto is more entertaining.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #26
TacoTrooper is on a distinguished road

Name: James
TacoTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at a Frontier, and knew more about it than the salesman did. His only comments on the Tacoma was that the Frontier rode more firm or truck-like. But that's his opinion. When I drove the Tacoma I fell hard in love and couldn't consider the Frontier afterwards.
All about what you want, not what the competitor's salesforce (who often know less than the buyer) says.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #27
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
6.5% of all new cars sold in America are stick.

64% of new cars are not available in a stick.

A stick shift is quickly becoming one of the best anti-theft systems.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #29

Quote:
My salesman was really great, but he knew hardly anything on the Tacoma. I knew about it before I walked on the lot, so I don't care if the sales guy knows anything. Of course, if he knows something I don't then that is awesome, but I don't get the point of educating yourself pre-purchase for months online and then get snarky when the sales guy knows less than you.

Anyway, he was awesome but he tried (failed) to show me the rear seats folding flat in the DC because he thought the head rests were supposed to stay on.

He did say he wasn't going to force the seat down, and didn't know why it wasn't laying flat. I asked if the head rests needed to be removed, and he said no.

Big deal, I know better, and he didn't damage a new vehicle by forcing it. Good for him. Still a great guy, great salesman. (They're supposed to help you buy, not show you how to move the floor mats..)
LOL I think we had the same salesman, except mine was out here in BC. Like the Nissan guy I was dealing with, I knew a lot more about the Tacoma than the Toyota salesman did. He couldn't explain even small things like what the disable clutch start button did (thanks TW), how to change the outside temp gauge to Celsius, and when it came to folding down the rear seats flat.... well I had to actually tell him to stop trying as he kept forcing the seat down without removing the headrests... and it was so obvious. LOL. The truck I was about to buy, it was like he was trying to break it.

Sometimes I think that I'd like to go into a dealer and be amazed by their knowledge, but having been a lot kid when I was 16, I can say there are very few product experts on the sales lot. Nowadays, we are all best to use the net and forums like TW to learn as much as we can beforehand and apply that knowhow when you get to the lot.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #30

Quote:
I'm not versed in Canada, so I'll take your word for it.

My buddy likes standard transmissions. I don't want to daily drive a stick. Been there, auto is more entertaining.
I know 4 people with Tacos plus me. Its a 4:1 ratio for manuals to autos, but obviously that's not a reflection on the whole market.

When looking recently, I was surprised how many manuals I saw on the Toyota lots. That said, auto-boxes definitely were in the majority.

Have had my manual for almost 2 months, no regrets. It's definitely not the smoothest one around, but glad to be back to a stick shift after 9 years in a auto Silverado.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #31
toyota4wd is on a distinguished road
toyota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who knows your Tacoma better - you, or a Nissan salesman?

Come on.
What he needs to know is the 2.7l isn't for heavy duty applications like let's say a tundra. I pull a jet ski trailer with my taco but that's about it. The bed is its main use for me, oh and it's off road capabilities
Old 07-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #32
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
He was calling into question your manhood!!! Return to his place of business and confront him
shouldnt have read this ^^^^ with a mouthful of salad..hahahha
Old 07-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #33
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Most salesman I encounter are clueless.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #34
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4wd View Post
What he needs to know is the 2.7l isn't for heavy duty applications like let's say a tundra. I pull a jet ski trailer with my taco but that's about it. The bed is its main use for me, oh and it's off road capabilities
The old Toyota 1 ton rack bodies were 4 bangers...
Old 07-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #35
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He was calling into question your manhood!!! Return to his place of business and confront him
x2 show him what our 4 bangers can do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
coming from the guy with the prerunner

Old 07-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #36
Maybe going back and doing donuts with your finger out the window would do it, followed promptly by leaving the dealership via mega burnout..
Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #37
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe going back and doing donuts with your finger out the window would do it, followed promptly by leaving the dealership via mega burnout..
Better bring some bleach to get the burnout started tho
Old 07-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #38
toyota4wd is on a distinguished road
toyota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ohh that just hurts
Old 07-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #39

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No bleach needed to perform the one tire fire
Old 07-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #40
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
i thought this thread was gonna be about someone getting pulled out by a fur trader on a horse out in the mountains