Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tailgate Anti Theft Mod

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
blm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blm's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgate Anti Theft Mod

In the brief period that I have been visiting this forum I have been the benefactor of a couple clever mods for my 2013. So I have decided to share one for all Tacoma owners. It would probably take an average thief less than 30 seconds to steal your tailgate. It would probably take a good thief less than 10 seconds to steal your tailgate.
The solution is simple. Install a stainless steel hose clamp on the passenger side tailgate hinge. This would require a thief to be come ready with a screwdriver which I doubt they would be prepared for. Cost? A couple bucs. Mod install time? Less than five minutes.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Epic!

Old 07-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
........http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html

its been thought of.
there's a lot of useful things that have been done on this forum, i recommend using the search function near the top right of the screen under the TW banner. many of your questions will be answered.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
I just figured out that you can put D-Rings thru the bed bolts. Write-up coming soon....

Old 07-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
I just figured out that you can put D-Rings thru the bed bolts. Write-up coming soon....
Pics?

Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
^pics & video

OP, all joking aside... you might want to check out the tips/mods sticky. Will save you time reinventing the wheel.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mods-more.html

Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
do you live under a rock?

Old 07-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
Dude was trying to do something nice, even if it'd been done already - it's amusing but not exactly deserving of that.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
AZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZJEFFRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
AZJEFFRO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
In the brief period that I have been visiting this forum I have been the benefactor of a couple clever mods for my 2013. So I have decided to share one for all Tacoma owners. It would probably take an average thief less than 30 seconds to steal your tailgate. It would probably take a good thief less than 10 seconds to steal your tailgate.
The solution is simple. Install a stainless steel hose clamp on the passenger side tailgate hinge. This would require a thief to be come ready with a screwdriver which I doubt they would be prepared for. Cost? A couple bucs. Mod install time? Less than five minutes.

I did that with mine, But I flipped the hose clamp over so the screw slot is pointed towards the tailgate. I used an open end wrench to tighten it.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
blm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
do you live under a rock?
TailDrag is right. I was trying to do something nice and it was my mistake that I didn't check the mods lost to see if it had already been posted. So tell me Jon850FL, how many mods have you contributed to this forum?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TailDrag is right. I was trying to do something nice and it was my mistake that I didn't check the mods lost to see if it had already been posted. So tell me Jon850FL, how many mods have you contributed to this forum?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #12

Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #14

Old 07-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Denali?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 07-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #17

Quote:
So tell me Jon850FL, how many mods have you contributed to this forum?
None.

I use the search button and read.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
None.

I use the search button and read.

Closed Thread