Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Husky liner coverage

Old 03-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
jasper07 is on a distinguished road
jasper07's Tacoma Gallery
Husky liner coverage

Do the Husky Liners cover the same area as the Weathertech liners? I have seen the Weathertech but not the Husky Liners.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
tacomaniacmatt is on a distinguished road

tacomaniacmatt's Tacoma Gallery
The huskys cover(from what I read before buying) about the same area as the weathertechs. The husky liners on the foot rest go up higher, but I think that is the only protection difference. I have the weathertechs and IMO they look WAAYYY better...and also they are more flush on the door sill..
Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the Husky's go higher on the dead pedal. But when I took my Tech's out last week for the first time this winter, there was no stains on the carpet around the dead pedal. I was surprised. The coverage at the door sil is much better on the Weathertech because it reaches out over the sil. And because the Weathertech is smooth you are less likely to kick it on your way in the truck, risking knocking off snow, dirt, or whatever on the carpet at the sil. The Weathertechs hold plenty of melted snow too!

I did not fill the holes for the tabs on the Techs with silicone, something I will do when the weather warms. The dirt that got through those holes was not an issue though. Minimal and easy to clean up. But without using the tabs, I found out that they aren't really needed.

There are many threads on these two, many pluses and minusus both ways. I have said before I would like to buy a Huskytech. A cross of the two would be perfect!

Now go search, and have fun reading for hours.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #4
rachunter will become famous soon enough
rachunter's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Huskys better than the weathertechs for a couple of reasons.
#1 The dead pedal area is not covered well with the weathertechs and I can promise you that mud and snow will run down this area and stain the carpet.
#2 I bow hunt alot and during the fall and winter I get alot of mud and snow on the liners, if the hole in the weatertechs is not filled it will also let mud and water get to the carpet and that equals another stain.

Here are the Husky's:

Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
The Weathertech Floorliners fit and look better,IMO.
I'm not a fan of Husky's diamond plate look.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
jasper07 is on a distinguished road
jasper07's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for everything guys. I appriciate the info.