Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help *** Noob Needs Knowledge ***

Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
SUNDOWN is on a distinguished road
SUNDOWN's Tacoma Gallery
Help *** Noob Needs Knowledge ***

I am in 'negotiations this week with 2 dealers on buying my first TACOMA. Its 2008 4dr, SR5, auto, with leather, Borla and 20s (Texas Edition). So far, the best price one offered is $27,700. (I am shooting for $26k flat.) But, am I being "unreasonable"? Or do you feel this deal is do-able?

Any insight, advice (or other words of wisdom) will be graciously accepted and greatly appreciated...!!! (pro or con)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
First off, welcome to TW. I am not familiar with the Texas Edition but leather, Borla, and 20's sounds SWEET! What is the sticker price for this vehicle?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
The guy to ask is our member "ndcouch". He specializes in the Texas Edition and anything Texan. Welcome to TW and I'm sure you'll love it here.

Say hi to George Bush.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
m_taker1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
m_taker1's Tacoma Gallery
i would definately ask to see the invoice and go from there. that does sound like a sweet ride though!!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaster View Post
The guy to ask is our member "ndcouch". He specializes in the Texas Edition and anything Texan.
You dirty Canadian......

Despite what "themaster" says, i know very little about the Texas edition. What exactly comes with the Texas edition that does not come with the regular 4door sr5? It sounds like 27k is a little steep but i really dont know what all is added to it.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
The Texas edition is a 4.0L Auto DoubleCab PreRunner SR5 w/ embroidered floor mats, leather seats, bilstein shocks, 20" chrome rims, high performance profile tires, and the Texas Edition emblem on the outside. The Borla exhaust might be a new addition for the 2008.

$27,000 would be a good price. $26,500 would be better. They might not deal - the Texas Edition sells very well since there aren't many of them.

Good Luck (and Welcome to TW!)
Old 09-11-2007, 09:58 AM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
actually now that you mention all the goodies i dont think 27k sounds too bad. you should try to do better but if you can do 27 out the door thats not too bad
Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 AM   #8
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The guy to ask is our member "ndcouch". He specializes in the Texas Edition and anything Texan. Welcome to TW and I'm sure you'll love it here.

Say hi to George Bush.
Blasphemy!! How dare you say these things about our founding member!

Hey ND, has Canada allied with Texas?

Damned Canucks.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #9

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Blasphemy!! How dare you say these things about our founding member!

Damned Canucks.
i dunno, i'm starting to wonder though...
Old 09-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #10
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
They really mark up the Texas edition. IMO, it would be cheaper to buy a regular Tacoma and then add wheels and exhaust yourself.

But considering that it also has leather seats, that's really not that bad of a price.

If you decide to buy, watch all the paperwork. They'll try to add on unnecessary stuff, or maybe get you to sign on a high interest rate. Don't get the paint protection or undercoating BS.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #11
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ally with Texas, AKA "Bush" country? Over my dead body dude. I'd rather be blown by Katrina.

Quote:
Damned Canucks.
Look who's talking. Take me to your leader!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:56 PM   #12
Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going with the 5yr 5.9% financing through Toyota? How much down were you thinking 20% down. These things play into the price. There is a big slump in sales right now. Mostly it is the Tundras. The Prerunner double cab gets 19-21MPG and is almost like a car gas milage wise. Offer them $ 26,500 they will counter with 27, 3-400. you can get it for $27,000. tell them $26,500 or less...Rich
Old 09-18-2007, 05:33 AM   #13
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
$27k is pretty good for that package. I have the X-SP package, which is very similar, and was stickered $28,500.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #14
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
$27k is pretty good for that package. I have the X-SP package, which is very similar, and was stickered $28,500.
What is different in the X-SP package? For that matter, what is different in the TSS package?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:56 AM   #15
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
What is different in the X-SP package? For that matter, what is different in the TSS package?
Each/some region(s) have their own packages. For instance, Texas has the Texas edition with everything stated above. The X-SP package, which is only available through the South Eastern states, comes with 20" Enkeis, Borla exhaust, X-SP badging, X-SP imprinted in the nerf bars, carbon fiber trim dash and street performance tires.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #16

nd's Tacoma Gallery
007: Texas thinks their so special they have their own "edition" in the Tacoma line..... how vain can one state be
Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #17
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
007: Texas thinks their so special they have their own "edition" in the Tacoma line..... how vain can one state be
They are pretty darn vain those crazy Texans.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #18
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I don't think its got anything to do with being vain but a lot to do with being special. I think Texas is special unlike let's say...........for example Carolina. President George Bush originates from Texas . It doesn't get any more special that that, nd.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #19
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
I don't think its got anything to do with being vain but a lot to do with being special. I think Texas is special unlike let's say...........for example Carolina. President George Bush originates from Texas . It doesn't get any more special that that, nd.

George W. Bush is from Conneticut...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush
Old 09-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #20

nd's Tacoma Gallery
You have no idea how "special" SC is. we are ranked lowest in the country in education.... i'm so proud you can see why for yourself if you go to youtube and check out miss South Carolina answering her question in the Miss America Pageant