1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to the group and first Taco.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Chiloco, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Aug 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    Chiloco

Chiloco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner TRD
    Tailgate RedNeck Anti-Theft LED Interior and Exterior Factory after purchase SAT Radio Clasp and Lock on bed Lock Boxes Hard wired the Radar Detector More to come. Just got the truck.... :-)
    Hey there all. I have been reading quite of a few of the posts here and love the TOC where there are some great and cheep mods......

So my first Taco is a 2013 Double Cab, Long Bed, TRD Sport, with Tow package. So far I have done only a few things like the Tailgate mod, put clamps with locks on the bed lock boxes, installed the factory SAT radio head unit with aftermarket antenna, and just recently changed out some of the interior and exterior bulbs for LEDs instead of those nasty incandescent ones.

What I did notice tonight though and wondered if anyone else has come across this is when I replaced the DRL/Turn signal bulb in front and the rear turn signal bulbs with LEDs that when I use the Turn Signal it blinks twice as fast as it should. When I use the four way flashers it sequences normally. I love the LEDs as they are much brighter of course but want to make sure that everything is alright and not annoy the hell out of other drivers at the fact that my turn signals are acting like they have OCD with a "hey I am turning, hey I am turning, HEY DID YOU NOW I AM TURNING" kind of aggressiveness. It is almost acting as if there is a bulb out when it blinks that fast. I made sure that I tested these out sitting in the driveway and watched all the lights do their thing. I am not getting any kind of bulb out notification on the dash / console if there is one on the 2013 Tacos so I guess all is good.

So if anyone else has noticed this or has an idea as to what it might be or point me in the right direction that would be great.

2. Aug 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome!

3. Aug 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    REDdawn6

REDdawn6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Redlands CA.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Welcome

4. Aug 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    Pictures??

5. Aug 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    Chiloco

Chiloco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner TRD
    Tailgate RedNeck Anti-Theft LED Interior and Exterior Factory after purchase SAT Radio Clasp and Lock on bed Lock Boxes Hard wired the Radar Detector More to come. Just got the truck.... :-)
    I just posted some pictures of the truck and mods that I have done so far. Or are you referring to pictures of the bulbs in action?

Products Discussed in

To Top