Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AFE Pro Dry S air filters in Canada?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
AFE Pro Dry S air filters in Canada?

Anyone know where you can get AFE Pro Dry S air filters in Canada??
Old 03-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
09 tacoma trd is on a distinguished road

09 tacoma trd's Tacoma Gallery
i got mine threw napa. they get it from ekeystone. canadian tire also deals with ekeystone. afe pro dry s 31-10114 goes for 125.00
Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 tacoma trd View Post
i got mine threw napa. they get it from ekeystone. canadian tire also deals with ekeystone. afe pro dry s 31-10114 goes for 125.00
And from what I understand these are a non oil based filter? And they Can be cleaned? How do you clean them??
Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
Don't be a dick
ARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
And from what I understand these are a non oil based filter? And they Can be cleaned? How do you clean them??
Simple green.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Our revolutionary new dry synthetic media is easy to clean, and offers three cleaning options:

Tap Clean: You can tap your Pro Dry S filter and return it to 85% of its original airflow. Simply remove the filter from the intake kit and lightly tap it on a solid surface. Tap and turn the top and bottom of the filter until most of the visible dirt has been released. Reinstall the filter in your vehicle. Do not apply oil to the filter.
Vacuum clean: You can vacuum your Pro Dry S filter and return it to 96% of its original airflow. Remove the filter from the intake kit and vacuum away the dirt using a shop vacuum or regular house vacuum. Reinstall the filter in your vehicle. Do not apply oil to the filter.
Wash clean: You can wash your Pro Dry S filter and return it to 100% of its original airflow. Remove the filter from the intake kit. Run the filter under running water from the inside out. Turn the filter to remove all visible and hidden dirt. If your filter is coated with grease or road grime, it may be necessary to use soap and water to get it fully clean. You can completely submerge the filter in a mixture of warm water and mild detergent (use a common household detergent such as dish or liquid laundry soap) if needed. Rinse clean. Allow the filter to dry completely (our synthetic media dries quickly and should dry within a few hours in normal conditions). Reinstall the filter in your vehicle. Do not apply oil to the filter.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Is the AFE Pro-GUARD 7 also a reusable filter? Is it better than the AFE Pro Dry S?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
09 tacoma trd is on a distinguished road

09 tacoma trd's Tacoma Gallery
yes it is a reusable filter. cost about 2 dollars more from napa. i don't know if it is better. i had the same problem as you, which one .so i went with what everybody else was using and it has good reviews so i went with the pro dry s. it does have a little more throttle response.