1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking For advice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kd21, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Aug 2, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    kd21

kd21 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Hey guys im am new relatively new here. Im looking for advice on lifting my Tacoma ( im also new to this). Im coming home off a deployment and iv been looking at the Blistein adjustable lift with the 1500 shcoks by toytec. I have search all over and there is some stuff I found I don't understand. Such as what is TBS. I have a 4 banger and looking at clearing no more than 32's. Again just asking for advice. Thank you.

2. Aug 2, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    hanmee47

hanmee47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Brandywine Hundred, Wilmington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access, 4x4, White, Billies all around,
    K&N air intake Redline Struts Black Toneau Off Road Recovery Hook Stubby(6 in.) Antenna Bilstein 5100 OME 884 TSB AAL Slotted Discs & Brakes Black Billet Grill Avid Sliders Avid Rear Bumper FJ Wheels and Terra Grapplers
    First of all, Thanks for serving. I did 22 beautiful years in Army Aviation, retiring as 1SG.

A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin. They are issued by Toyota, and npormally cover a malady that everyone experiences in their Trucks. When talking about TSB's in conjunction with a lift, then you want to know whether the TSB has been applied to your truck. It had to do with the rear leaf springs. You have the TSB applied if you have three leafs + the the overload leaf ( Bottom Fat one +3). Otherwise you have two leafs + the overload.

Hope this helps !:)

3. Aug 2, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    kd21

kd21 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    That solves that mystery. haha Also Thank you for your service as well

4. Aug 2, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    kd21

kd21 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    After further review I have found that a lot of guys install the oem lift from toytec. It seems like it would suit my needs for I am not a hardcore offroader I just live in the mountains and were I hunt the roads get very rough during the season so I just need a lil extra clearance for the ruts and such. More questions though what is the difference between the 884, 885, 886 front coils and what is the "top spacer" used for

Products Discussed in

To Top