1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with rear rightside power window!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by roverTx, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Aug 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    roverTx

roverTx [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 Silver/Black
    3" Lift, Thrush Muffler, Two 10" Subs, JVC Head Unit, Halo Projector Head Lights
    I have been having problems with my right rear window. It will go down but will not go back up so I thought it was the switch. I took the switch off so nobody would use it and just jumped the harness with a wire to get it back up. I got a new switch installed it and then when I turned the truck on it automatically rolled down. I once again took the switch off and then tried to jump it, but all that's happening is I keep blowing fuses. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? I am started to lean towards it being the master switch. Also, is there a manual way to get the window back up because I have an open window with a trashy look to it if you get what I mean.

2. Aug 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    speedjunkie13

speedjunkie13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    a work in progress
    By looking at the diagram I don't believe a master switch could cause the fuse to blow. So what exactly are you jumping because you might be causing that issue. the 2 main things i see that would cause that are possibly an internally shorted RR window switch (but it's new) or the motor itself is dead shorted.

I would recommend you disconnect the RR window switch, and then using a voltmeter check pins 2 & 4. there should be no power coming down those wires, they should both be grounded. if they are powered then your master switch is stuck/shorted. also check that they both ground properly or else that could cause it to move one direction and not the other.

Using a resistance check it would also be pretty easy to bench test the new switch to be sure its working properly.

3. Aug 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    speedjunkie13

Member:
    Vehicle:
    a work in progress
    and in case you haven't been looking at a diagram...

Capture.jpg

4. Aug 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    roverTx

roverTx [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    3" Lift, Thrush Muffler, Two 10" Subs, JVC Head Unit, Halo Projector Head Lights
    That's the same diagram I have been using. I was trying to jump it from the battery positive to the pin where the green/black wire connects to. I will try what speedjunkie said when I get off of work.

To answer your question on the fuse blowing it seems as if the motor was continuously trying to roll the window down even after it was all the way down and that's what was blowing the fuse.

5. Aug 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    speedjunkie13

Member:
    Vehicle:
    a work in progress
    sounds like it could possibly be your master switch shorted out sending power continuously to roll it down. do the check i said above and if that's the case then you would have 12v on the green wire with the RR switch unhooked.

6. Aug 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    roverTx

roverTx [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    So I took the switch from the other rear window and it rolled the window up and down fine. I guess the switch I bought wasn't the right one.

Products Discussed in

To Top