Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any validity to this?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
error_repair is on a distinguished road
error_repair's Tacoma Gallery
Any validity to this?

I am trying to get the Harsh ride tsb done. I have complained for almost a year so when the new TSB came out detailing this issue I emailed my Service manager and this is what he told me.

Does this make sense?

xxx,

This is a USA bulletin. It does not pertain to a Canadian spec VIN therefore I am not allowed to perform the repair. I will contact Toyota Canada to see if something can be done. Iíll let you know.

xxxx xxxxxx
Service Manager
Jacksonís Toyota
Old 03-03-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen posts in here concerning this & according to the posts the Canadian trucks all got 4 leaf packs but unsure of the year ranges & particulars.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I have seen posts in here concerning this & according to the posts the Canadian trucks all got 4 leaf packs but unsure of the year ranges & particulars.
^^^ Curious also.

Does your truck have four or three rear leaf springs?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
ofrd4fun is on a distinguished road
ofrd4fun's Tacoma Gallery
There is a Canadian TSB. I had it done. Because I only have the SR5 package I got 4 leaf rear springs and four bilsteins but no alignment (not part of the Canadian TSB, so I was told). When I went to the dealer the idiot service writer told me that Toyota made the trucks ride really soft for the sand dunes in California!!!! No kidding!!! What a wanker.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
^^^ Curious also.

Does your truck have four or three rear leaf springs?
Mine's 05 & I bought it with 48k on it with 3 leaf packs & base tokico shocks on it. I plan on doing toytec 1.5 AAL for tsb leafs & timbrens out back. Already have lo mileage 08 TRD bilsteins.